The Student Room Group

Deloitte School Leavers 2015

Hi all! I have recently been offered an interview at the London office for the Corporate Finance line at Deloitte. Is there anyone else who has gotten this far? How has everyone been finding the process so far? It would be great to talk to people who are also applying, and if anyone wants any help please ask! :biggrin: and good luck to all!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm about to take my numerical test and I'm super scared as I haven't done maths since the start of year 11, lol.
Haven't got far yet but bumping up the post!
Reply 2
Original post by teh-jew
I'm about to take my numerical test and I'm super scared as I haven't done maths since the start of year 11, lol.
Haven't got far yet but bumping up the post!

The numerical test seemed fairly straight forward so I'm sure you'll do fine! I'd recommend doing the practice test on their website as its fairly similar to the real thing. Good luck!
I am also about to take the numerical test. I have only done this kind of test once before, and I passed, but I am not sure if I am ready to it again. I can't find any practice tests which Deloitte have officially recommended, but I have done some others on line which I find extremely hard.

I am very worried :s-smilie:

Here: http://www.jobtestprep.co.uk/freenumerical.aspx?affiliateID=10301&gclid=CNWR0YfqkMECFYXJtAodU1QAug
Original post by Willchamp
The numerical test seemed fairly straight forward so I'm sure you'll do fine! I'd recommend doing the practice test on their website as its fairly similar to the real thing. Good luck!

Where is the practice test?????

I have to do mine in the next 5 days and I am a bit concerned.
Reply 5
Original post by SmallDuck
Where is the practice test?????

I have to do mine in the next 5 days and I am a bit concerned.

http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/schools/brightstart/2015-application-process , click on the online numerical test and there should be a link :biggrin:
http://mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/schools/brightstart/2015-application-process , click on the online numerical test and there should be a link :biggrin:

Cheers. I had a go at this and it went fine.

I had 30 mins to do 21 questions, this the same in the real thing?

Anywhere else that I can practice? (Assuming that this test is the same every time)
Reply 7
Cheers. I had a go at this and it went fine.

I had 30 mins to do 21 questions, this the same in the real thing?

Anywhere else that I can practice? (Assuming that this test is the same every time)

It is the exact same as the real thing, it's run by the same company so the structure of the test is exactly the same! However I don't think there are any other papers, I couldn't find any. Good luck in your real test mate :smile:
It is the exact same as the real thing, it's run by the same company so the structure of the test is exactly the same! However I don't think there are any other papers, I couldn't find any. Good luck in your real test mate :smile:

Cheers mate. I passed the numerical reasoning test (relif!) and now I have to do the critical thinking test? Have you done this yet? How is it?
Reply 9
Cheers mate. I passed the numerical reasoning test (relif!) and now I have to do the critical thinking test? Have you done this yet? How is it?

Good job on getting through, I found the critical thinking really hard. You can do the practice paper on the website but I found it to be one of those things you can't learn, you sort of get it or you don't. It would be a good idea to practice the paper but some of the questions are really tricky, they seemed to be all about logical thinking etc. Good luck on this one as well mate!:smile:

Good job on getting through, I found the critical thinking really hard. You can do the practice paper on the website but I found it to be one of those things you can't learn, you sort of get it or you don't. It would be a good idea to practice the paper but some of the questions are really tricky, they seemed to be all about logical thinking etc. Good luck on this one as well mate!:smile:

Ok. Is it just a case of reading some information really closely and then answering some questions about it? I will do the practice test tomorrow.

I am assuming you passed it though?
Reply 11
Ok. Is it just a case of reading some information really closely and then answering some questions about it? I will do the practice test tomorrow.

I am assuming you passed it though?

Yeah it's sort of like that, you can get given sentances and then be asked what you can infer from this statement etc. You'll understand what I mean when you do the practice, just remember to think twice about your answer before committing because some are really hard, and yeah I passed mine and I'm now waiting on an interview date, if you want any help on the practice Q's then tell me and I'll help you, good luck.
Yeah it's sort of like that, you can get given sentances and then be asked what you can infer from this statement etc. You'll understand what I mean when you do the practice, just remember to think twice about your answer before committing because some are really hard, and yeah I passed mine and I'm now waiting on an interview date, if you want any help on the practice Q's then tell me and I'll help you, good luck.

Cheers. I have done the practice and scored pretty well, so I am fairly confident, although I do not want to get complacent and let things go wrong. I tend to be a bit more comfortable with this than the numerical side of things!

Again, is the practice like the real thing?
Reply 13
Cheers. I have done the practice and scored pretty well, so I am fairly confident, although I do not want to get complacent and let things go wrong. I tend to be a bit more comfortable with this than the numerical side of things!

Again, is the practice like the real thing?

Yeah, the practice is the same as the real test. Good luck!
Yeah, the practice is the same as the real test. Good luck!

One final question: Are the questions on the real thing harder than the practice? Just want to know roughly what to expect.

I will do it tomorrow morning.
Reply 15
One final question: Are the questions on the real thing harder than the practice? Just want to know roughly what to expect.

I will do it tomorrow morning.

Personally I thought the questions were easier on the actual test but they may have just suited me better. I found the practice really hard but I'd imagine that they are supposed to the the same standard of difficulty. Good luck!
Reply 16
I've done my numerical and critical thinking tests and I'm through to the etray/group exercise.
Anyone else successful so far? Any tips for this?
Original post by teh-jew
I've done my numerical and critical thinking tests and I'm through to the etray/group exercise.
Anyone else successful so far? Any tips for this?

I thought that e-tray was no longer part of the process? The Cambridge office told me so anyway.
Reply 18
I thought that e-tray was no longer part of the process? The Cambridge office told me so anyway.

I don't know tbh, it says I've been invited for a 'group assessment' but I'm not exactly sure what that consists of, and available dates haven't been posted yet. I'm applying for the London office.
Personally I thought the questions were easier on the actual test but they may have just suited me better. I found the practice really hard but I'd imagine that they are supposed to the the same standard of difficulty. Good luck!

Passed both tests, I am now waiting on an interview. Are you at the same stage?

Quick Reply

Latest