The Student Room Group

I think I may have gone a little crazy....

I hope someone can help me. I've been with my boyfriend for about 8 months.

When we first started speaking to each other, he got with another girl at the same time he was getting with me. So I stopped talking to him, after around 3 months of not talking to me he contacted me. He apologised to me and said that he was an idiot and that he really liked me still and that he had made a mistake. I accepted his apology, we went out on a date and I obviously brought up this other girl on the date because I felt like it needed to be spoken about. When I asked him why he is not with her still his reply was ''She's weird'' and he would not tell me anymore than that, even though I kind of pressed him on it a bit. I felt as if the actual story was that she didn't want to be with him anymore but he made out as if he was the one who finished with her. I brushed it aside but it did make me feel a bit like a back up plan? idk.

Now a bit further into our relationship I am finding myself getting seriously jealous and paranoid and it's making me feel like I've lost my mind. He went out the other night and this girl who he got with instead of me was also in the same club as him because my friend told me she was, it drove me mad.

He and her like each other's pictures on Facebook, petty I know but it drives me mad.

He and her still talk even though he say's they don't but I've seen it on FB and it drives me mad.

I want to kick her in the face.

I was in an abusive relationship for 1 year that did cause me some problems but I thought I was over them. It's as if all my insecurities are coming out and I don't know what to do.

I honestly do not care about any other girl he talks to it's just HER. I don't know why he needs to talk to her. He always say's he wont but he does!!!!

I really dislike her and I'm learning it takes a lot more effort to hate someone than it does to like them :frown: honestly the jealousy I feel towards her is not healthy and it's wearing me out. It's getting to the point where if she likes one of his pictures I will not speak to him for days, that's how crazy I've gone :frown:

Basically I feel like I've lost the plot :frown:
First of all you have to get rid of this jealousy. Jealousy is very bad for you and it turns you into something you're not.
So, whenever you see or hear something that makes you feel jealous towards her, you need to take a deep breath and think of the things you have and she doesn't. You might ask your boyfriend what this relationship means to him. Try not to let him know about your jealousy towards this girl because he might misunderstand you. All the best!!!
Looks like you've lost the plot HahA
Call her up and go Liam Neeson on her?
This other girl sounds like a purely platonic relation. I wouldn't let it bother you :smile:
Liking each others pictures does sound strange, especially if it's all of them. And lying about talking to each other, oooo that's a red flag.
Anyone which an ounce of tact and social intelligence would not go around "liking" pictures of a girl where there's been a prior issue (despite how "petty" this is).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending