The Student Room Group

BREAKING NEWS: Body found in Alice Gross investigation!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29437697

Updates available soon.

It seems as though the Police have found her body in London River .... how very sad ... :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is the darkest timeline.
Probably best not to let convicted wife killers in next time. I wonder how many more are out there.
Sad but not too surprising considering the length of time she was missing - more 'when' not 'if' she was found
Reply 5
in bbc news they've told the body was still not identified- so in theory it could not have been her (but realistically it's her).
anyway- shame police isn't that European-arrest-warrant-happy in that murder case as it was with child being taken for better health care.
desperately sad outcome. RIP Alice.
Original post by Time Tourist
Probably best not to let convicted wife killers in next time. I wonder how many more are out there.

I'm sure there are plenty out there.

Clearly it's the Latvian guy who killed her.
I feel so sad for her and her poor family. This is such a terrible thing. I do hope the police bring whoever did this to full and swift justice.

Another reminder that, despite most men being really good, there are a small minority who view young women and girls as fair game for their violence and rage. We need to change some things in society that lead to some boys growing up to behave in these ways, not just here but globally.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I feel so sad for her and her poor family. This is such a terrible thing. I do hope the police bring whoever did this to full and swift justice.

Another reminder that, despite most men being really good, there are a small minority who view young women and girls as fair game for their violence and rage. We need to change some things in society that lead to some boys growing up to behave in these ways, not just here but globally.

This was a likely outcome from such an investigation.

Women commit atrocities too, you know - not just men ... so in that retrospect, I think all children should be "monitored" as not commit them.
immigrants again is it?
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
This was a likely outcome from such an investigation.

Women commit atrocities too, you know - not just men ... so in that retrospect, I think all children should be "monitored" as not commit them.

I won't get into a debate about it in an RIP thread like this, but male violence against young girls and young women vastly outweighs that of the other gender by orders of magnitude. However, this thread should not be an anti-feminist rallying point (something that would actually be deeply offensive), so let's just agree to disagree.
I won't get into a debate about it in an RIP thread like this, but male violence against young girls and young women vastly outweighs that of the other gender by orders of magnitude. However, this thread should not be an anti-feminist rallying point (something that would actually be deeply offensive), so let's just agree to disagree.

Oh the hypocrisy ...

"I won't get into a debate about it in an RIP thread like this" - but you made it into one anyway LOL

Next time something like this comes around, do the victim a grand favour and don't even bother answering.

And how on Earth was this turning into an "anti-feminist rallying point" ... you just discarded certain boys who aren't even born yet claiming they'll become mass murderers and rapists - hardly feminist that lol.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
immigrants again is it?

Seems so.
I live in Hanwell. It really hit home walking around today and seeing that all the 'missing' posters had been taken down following the announcement. Almost every tree, lamppost and road sign in the borough has a yellow ribbon tied round it in her memory. I know people who were close to her family and needless to say it's a very dark time. The whole town has been affected.

RIP.

Oh and **** everyone in this thread using this as a cheap excuse to bash immigrants. **** off.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Captain Haddock
I live in Hanwell. It really hit home walking around today and seeing that all the 'missing' posters had been taken down following the announcement. Almost every tree, lamppost and road sign in the borough has a yellow ribbon tied round it in her memory. I know people who were close to her family and needless to say it's a very dark time for Ealing.

RIP.

I live in Southall which is very close to hanwell and all over the place, there was Missing posters but Today, they were all missing
Reply 16

But there are something's that society can control, and things like this is one of them. Its always going to happen. None the less it's still sad for the family and her friends,I hope who ever did it gets what they deserve.

Women are just as vicious as men, but it doesn't happen as often,unless it's domestic violence. Which seems to be more equal,and generally done by the same people.

I'll never understand Gender war. Maybe people need to find something constructive to debate about,or just find something else to do in general.

What surprises me, is that they didn't find her the first time, considering the water is shallow. He/she wouldn't have much time to "conceal" her.I just hope they haven't lost evidence because of the time delay.
Original post by Captain Haddock
I live in Hanwell. It really hit home walking around today and seeing that all the 'missing' posters had been taken down following the announcement. Almost every tree, lamppost and road sign in the borough has a yellow ribbon tied round it in her memory. I know people who were close to her family and needless to say it's a very dark time. The whole town has been affected.

RIP.

:frown:

That is so sad, in fact it's beyond sadness.

:frown:
RIP.
Reply 19
Original post by simon_g
in bbc news they've told the body was still not identified- so in theory it could not have been her (but realistically it's her).
anyway- shame police isn't that European-arrest-warrant-happy in that murder case as it was with child being taken for better health care.

What? The Latvian guy had served his sentence. Why would there be a warrant out for his arrest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending