The Student Room Group

Cant drop out cause of money

I feel like I'm in a situation where i am considering dropping out but i can't as i signed a tenancy agreement for a year and i wont receive my maintenance loan if i drop out so i wouldn't be able to continue to pay for my halls and my family couldn't pay either. Anyone else been in a similar situation?
Usually halls are paid in three instalments so you will only lose the first term.

Any contract can be torn up by mutual consent; and the university has plenty of other accommodation, it will have built hedges against attrition of students into its pricing structure.

Students drop out all the time in first year and they all live in halls.

Speak to your university's accommodation service.
Reply 2
Do what you feel you need to do.

I wouldn't worry about a tenancy agreement. The worst they can do is chase you through the courts which is nowhere near as scary as folk would have you believe.
Original post by Rossy0
I feel like I'm in a situation where i am considering dropping out but i can't as i signed a tenancy agreement for a year and i wont receive my maintenance loan if i drop out so i wouldn't be able to continue to pay for my halls and my family couldn't pay either. Anyone else been in a similar situation?

if your in university owned halls then they are likely to be more lenient as they should be able to easily find someone to take your room. It's worth contacting them to see if this is the case.
Reply 4
The question is dropout and do what instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest