The Student Room Group

What is the nicest way of breaking up with someone?

???
I really don't think there is a 'nice way', per se.

That said, breaking up in person seems infinitely kinder than by text or e-mail etc., etc.
Reply 2
Put their stuff in a bag and throw it out the window.

Then call (not text) them to come and get it.
Reply 3
Breaking up in person. Breaking up by text or e-Mail is some 'cold bitch' method. Breaking up by text is horrible. Even worse are the people who would break up via Snapchat!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Hook them up with one of your attractive friends
Reply 5
I wouldn't say there is a nice way to break up with some one, but I certainly would say there are bad ways to break up with someone. If you understand what I mean?
Worst thing to do in my opinion is to drag a break up out, for longer than it needs to be.
Reply 6
Break up with them via E-Mail.
There isn't really a nice way.. but imagine you were the one being dumped - do it in the way that you would want someone to break up with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If distance is an issue, then call not text. Text is not very nice and a bit impersonal
Honest but gentle

also face to face anything else is cowardly (exception for LDR's)
It's never nice really, I've been in the position of having to do it a few times now and it's hard. It's best just to have an honest conversation, but be firm in your decision. Let them know you've made up your mind and it's not up to then to try and 'win' you back. It's not that they need to prove anything to you, you just don't feel the way you used to.
Send them a video of a guy hanging out the back of you.
Reply 12
it's time to recycle the old "no sparks / no chemistry / it's not you it's me / my life is too hectic for a relationship right now" .... and all the other lines.
No such thing as a good or nice way to do it unless it is mutual.
Reply 14
In person, in private and with empathy but still in a firm and definite manner.
No easy or nice way of doing it but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and do it if you are not happy.
Original post by chocolatesauce
???

' I wanted to tell you that I'm leaving you - come pick up your S*** - oh and FYI I S***** your best friend last night - best night of my life'

Byeeeeee

Quick Reply

Latest