The Student Room Group

Have you ever wondered how many people per day a T-Rex would need to eat?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Illusionary
It looks the same to me :dontknow: Are the changes in draft but unpublished perhaps?

Haha whoops, I will have another look!
It looks the same to me :dontknow: Are the changes in draft but unpublished perhaps?

Hmmm, it is set as published and the part I removed about webcomics isn't showing to me when I click on the link so that's very strange... I will get another one of the CT to click the link tomorrow and see if it is different for them :confused:
Original post by Queen Cersei
Hmmm, it is set as published and the part I removed about webcomics isn't showing to me when I click on the link so that's very strange... I will get another one of the CT to click the link tomorrow and see if it is different for them :confused:

This is how it looks for me (after a hard refresh):

A small point perhaps, but: "... was born out of this wildly popular blog - a webcomic that answers questions..."

There are two things here - the webcomic and the blog. They're on the same site, but they're not the same thing. This quote implies that they're the same.

Hey,
The link is showing up without the webcomic sentence for people in the office, did you want to try it again? :smile:
Original post by Arkasia
That's fine, it's not a priority :biggrin:

Not heard back yet but will do soon hopefully :smile:
Reply 25
Hey,
The link is showing up without the webcomic sentence for people in the office, did you want to try it again? :smile:

Weird. I hadn't loaded the page before but for me it reads, "Ever heard of the xkcd blog? The book What If? by Randall Munroe was born out of this wildly popular blog - a webcomic that answers questions sent in by fans. "
This is how it looks for me (after a hard refresh):

Original post by miser
Weird. I hadn't loaded the page before but for me it reads, "Ever heard of the xkcd blog? The book What If? by Randall Munroe was born out of this wildly popular blog - a webcomic that answers questions sent in by fans. "

Bear with me while I ask someone a bit more techie!

Just found a box tucked away at the very bottom with metadescription in which still had the webcomic part so even though it wasn't in the bulk of the text this might have been making it show (not sure why I couldn't see it though?) Would you mind having another check for me please as it doesn't seem to show the issue on my comp?
Just found a box tucked away at the very bottom with metadescription in which still had the webcomic part so even though it wasn't in the bulk of the text this might have been making it show (not sure why I couldn't see it though?) Would you mind having another check for me please as it doesn't seem to show the issue on my comp?

No change, sorry.
No change, sorry.

Hey,
Another member of the CT has looked at this and we both are viewing the article without the line about it being a webcomic. Can I just clarify, is it that you wanted the bit about the webcomic removed or did you want me to change the bit about calling it a blog to describing it as a webcomic?
Hey,
Another member of the CT has looked at this and we both are viewing the article without the line about it being a webcomic. Can I just clarify, is it that you wanted the bit about the webcomic removed or did you want me to change the bit about calling it a blog to describing it as a webcomic?

It's up to you whether you change it, but describing the blog as a webcomic is factually incorrect. They're on the same site, but different parts if it. Does that make sense?
It's up to you whether you change it, but describing the blog as a webcomic is factually incorrect. They're on the same site, but different parts if it. Does that make sense?

Yes I do see what you mean and the webcomic part was the bit that was initially removed. We have noticed there is a bit of delay in the articles updating today as our screens are all showing the article without the webcomic bit so might be a case of waiting it out :smile:
Yes I do see what you mean and the webcomic part was the bit that was initially removed. We have noticed there is a bit of delay in the articles updating today as our screens are all showing the article without the webcomic bit so might be a case of waiting it out :smile:

It seems to have been updated now. :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending