The Student Room Group

Why so much hate for World of Warcraft?

If it was free like the unsubscribed version of Runescape I would definitely play it, **** subscriptions though

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AlphaNick
The time I wasted on it back in year 7 :/

It's a virtual world which drains your social life

so is any video game, frankly so is TSR a bit, what's your point :curious:
Reply 2
AlphaNick here is bitter and resentful about his (previous?) lack of success socially and has chosen a convenient scapegoat. Not much more than that.
Because popular things usually get a lot of smack talk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku
If it was free like the unsubscribed version of Runescape I would definitely play it, **** subscriptions though

I still play WoW c:
Reply 5
strong use of 'scapegoat', also my social life is good thanks for trying to put me down

I have no doubt I am correct. There are millions of ex players who do not feel the need to lambast the game as they enjoyed it at the time they were playing it and have since moved on without any bitterness. With you it's clearly a lot more personal.
Reply 6
Well you are incorrect, my social life used to be down but in the last year I've become a completely different person. I hate the game because I had a boring, tedious experience on it - nothing happened, and in the end all of that time was wasted for nothing when I could have been doing more important things.

sorry to here that you had a lacklustre social life and time on WoW, but no need to keep embarrassing Prince Kaelthas just because he's an outspoken geek...
I rather you youths were indoors doing some nerd **** than hanging around outside my house and drinking your cans of energy drink and ****ing the police.

:shakecane:
Reply 8
perhaps I would if he didn't say that anyone who isnt turned on by a blood elf is a chronic masturbator :moon:

I am a chronic masturbator and even I'm turned on by them... :wink:
Original post by Prince Kael'thas
What realm?

We can do a couple of bgs if you want. :lol: You need to be Horde though no Alliance scum

Draenor Horde :P
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I rather you youths were indoors doing some nerd **** than hanging around outside my house and drinking your cans of energy drink and ****ing the police.

:shakecane:

Doing what to the police? :lolwut:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Doing what to the police? :lolwut:

****ing.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
****ing.

:lolwut:
This could be the end of the world

Spoiler

Runescape is a bad game.
WoW is also a bad game.

Most MMORPG are bad. That's why the hate.
EVE Online is where it is at. If you enjoy being ****ed over by space capitalists that is (and who deosn't?)
Like the guy above me points out, 99% of MMORPGS are terrible and WoW is no exception.

The game requires no skill and very little strategy. It has terrible graphics and physics. The combat is boring. To be 'good' at the game, you simply need to sit at your pc for literally hundreds of hours grinding away. There is no voiceacting and the content remains generic throughout the game.

It also ended the excellent series of Warcraft RTS games (i.e. Warcraft 1, 2 and 3) that spawned WoW.

It also meant that for the next ten years there was an obsession for game companies to copy the game due to its success at being able to pander to the braindead masses, rather than create something original.

Finally, for the privilege of being able to play this abomination, you must pay £7 a month and buy the game and its expansions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Runescape > Wow
Reply 18
Original post by Another
Runescape is a bad game.
WoW is also a bad game.

Most MMORPG are bad. That's why the hate.

I don't like it so it is bad! Pure logic!
Original post by *Stefan*
I don't like it so it is bad! Pure logic!

Having actually played MMO's for a good few years, I can tell you now that any point-click grinder is a bad game. Honestly, I don't know why so many of them are churned out every year. I think the best year for this genre was around the time when TERA/C9/Dragon Nest/Vindictus/Blade and Soul came out, but it's gonna be a good couple of years until I find anything else even I'm even remotely impressed with.

Quick Reply

Latest