The Student Room Group

It's Children's Book Week... what was your favourite book growing up?

Poll

What is your favourite childhood book?

It's the beginning of October and it's also Children's Book Week! My favourite book growing up was Beyond the Deepwoods (Edge Chronicles) and I still cherish it today! What book do you remember/ love most from your childhood?

Scroll to see replies

When I was really little it was a book about a penguin learning to fly- or any boom about penguins really, I haven't really changed! When I got a bit older and could read for myself it has to be a tie between War Horse (Michael Morpurgo) and Goodnight Mr Tom (Michelle Magorian) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Ulysses
Original post by furryface12
When I was really little it was a book about a penguin learning to fly- or any boom about penguins really, I haven't really changed! When I got a bit older and could read for myself it has to be a tie between War Horse (Michael Morpurgo) and Goodnight Mr Tom (Michelle Magorian) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I LOVE Goodnight Mr Tom!
Anything by Jacqueline Wilson at the time, boy was I obsessed!
Reply 5
Secret Seven, Famous Five, Goosebumps and Agatha Christie stories were all I read when I was young.
Anything by Roald Dahl. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Fantastic Mr. Fox especially.
Original post by Queen Cersei
I LOVE Goodnight Mr Tom!

It's amazing! It's still one of my favourite books now and one I read fairly frequently :redface:

Forgot to mention the CHERUB books which I read in my early teens, and of course the normal Enid Blyton, Jacqueline Wilson, Roald Dahl ones :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Hungry Caterpillar.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The Hungry Caterpillar.

Me too!
Original post by furryface12
It's amazing! It's still one of my favourite books now and one I read fairly frequently :redface:

Forgot to mention the CHERUB books which I read in my early teens, and of course the normal Enid Blyton, Jacqueline Wilson, Roald Dahl ones :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't believe I left Enid Blyton off my poll! :bawling:
As a kid I used to read various Beatrix Potter books that my Grandma had in her house. Anyone remember the tale of Peter rabbit?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Anything by Jacqueline Wilson at the time, boy was I obsessed!

Me too!

Love the Bed and Breakfast Star :biggrin:

Massive fan of the Worst Witch series, everything Roald Dahl.... also loved Dick King Smith's books i.e. Sophie's Tom...

Oh and the magic faraway tree by Enid Blyton
Roald Dahl upset me because he spelt his first name wrong, leaving out the n
Original post by RFowler
As a kid I used to read various Beatrix Potter books that my Grandma had in her house. Anyone remember the tale of Peter rabbit?

Yup! I got given that as a gift when I was very small and still have it!
I LOVE Goodnight Mr Tom!

Oh my gosh that book makes me bawl..... but I adore it too... and the tv adaptation

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
Reply 16
The very hungry caterpillar was my favourite until I was 12.
I can't believe I left Enid Blyton off my poll! :bawling:

Ah well, she's there in spirit! :tongue: I'll answer the poll in a bit when I'm on my laptop :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roald Dahl (especially Fantastic Mr Fox and The BFG) or the Demon Headmaster.
Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo.
Pretty much every Jacqueline Wilson book.
All the Princess diaries books.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending