The Student Room Group

A Level fees, Help?!

Hi, I'm 19 and currently in full time work.
I'm hoping to go to college next September to study the 3 sciences, and have read that the fees are paid for if you're under the age of 24 and do not have a level 3 qualification. At the present I do fit into this, but at the moment I'm studying my A Level Maths, and planning on taking my AS papers as an external candidate next summer.

Will this mean by the time I come to enrol at the college I will have an equivalent Level 3 qualification, and won't be eligible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GenerationWild
Hi, I'm 19 and currently in full time work.
I'm hoping to go to college next September to study the 3 sciences, and have read that the fees are paid for if you're under the age of 24 and do not have a level 3 qualification. At the present I do fit into this, but at the moment I'm studying my A Level Maths, and planning on taking my AS papers as an external candidate next summer.

Will this mean by the time I come to enrol at the college I will have an equivalent Level 3 qualification, and won't be eligible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, under current rules, one AS would not change your tuition fee status. If you are worried, just ask the examination centre not to cash in the AS. You would still have the module results but would not have a certified qualification. You could cash them in later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great news, thanks. Just out of interest, what would make me not eligible? If I completed the A2? If I had more than one AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 full A levels, equivalent in BTEC or similar full qualification

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest