The Student Room Group

apprenticeship or college/uni or full time job

Basically im in my second year of college, my AS year results were not good at all, i got two U's, an E and a distinction, i had to drop two AS's to take on one AS and extended project, im doing 2 A2's (one BTEC and the other an A Level)

Now here where my options branch off, yesterday i had an interview for an apprenticeship on being a personal trainer i thought it couldnt of gone any better!, i've always been into the gym i just feel a bit anxious about it and i dont know why, maybe it's a new environment i might be going into and that im actually going into the working world, but working at a hotel which is around the world would look amazing on my CV.

However if i stay at college, and somehow scrape out some UCAS points and go to uni, then i'll have a degree behind me and in 4 and a bit years time i'll be older and be more wiser to what choices i do but at the moment i don't feel like college is gunna lead me anywhere and have no motivation to go to it anymore, i know alot of people have this feeling, but i dont wanna waste anymore time with being in this college

Even if i dont get this apprenticeship i could drop out of college and get a full time job so i can fund my online education by doing a level 3 Personal training course and level 3 nutrient and business management in fitness, after i've done that i could start applying to gyms etc, however i wouldn't be doing any practical work and when i get to work with a client i will have to teach myself, which can be done if i become a self employed personal trainer (which is risky)

The main reason i went to college was to become an officer in the armed forces, but after speaking to someone in the army and them informing me that officers aren't PTI's i had some doubt if i wanted to continue going to college, i could drop out of college and join the army to become a PTI, then leave the army either to join the police or fire service or become a personal trainer for the services or gyms?

I dont wanna be earning 30 thousand a year when im 40 years old and i've heard its hard to break into the market of being a personal trainer and to train high end celebrities or get real good pay, i wouldn't mind not making alot of money and doing something i love when im young, but i gotta think about the long term and when im old and if i have kids and how im going support them now.

Bit long and all over place, hopefully it made sense xD, but i appreciate you guys taking the time to read my confusing job choices! Which root would you guys best advise me to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending