The Student Room Group

UCAS application dilemma

Hey everyone! So I have a little problem: I have an early application date (15th October) for my UCAS. Initially, I wanted to have everything completed and sent off by mid-September, and I still haven't submitted anything. All of my details have been submitted to UCAS, my references are done, but the head of sixth is refusing to send it off as she 'dislikes my personal statement' even though it has everything I need to include, I'm really happy with it and it has been approved by another teacher. What should I do? I don't want to leave it til the very last minute! :frown:
Reply 1
Send it off? Then file a complaint against the head of sixth form.
Reply 2
Original post by futbol
Send it off? Then file a complaint against the head of sixth form.

Thanks for your advice! When I told her before I'll be sending it anyway she said 'I'm the one who presses that button' - but I thought it was the student who sends it, seeing as it's their application?
Try going to another teacher higher up like a deputy head. They may share the head of sixth forms concerns but from what you've said they probably won't then you might be able to send it off. Good luck :smile:
If you're applying through your school, you send it, they check it, and then they do the final send.

You can send it to them now, and they'll return it to you if they think something needs changing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thank you for your advice everyone! I'll see what I can do this week... :smile:
Original post by crabsticks
Hey everyone! So I have a little problem: I have an early application date (15th October) for my UCAS. Initially, I wanted to have everything completed and sent off by mid-September, and I still haven't submitted anything. All of my details have been submitted to UCAS, my references are done, but the head of sixth is refusing to send it off as she 'dislikes my personal statement' even though it has everything I need to include, I'm really happy with it and it has been approved by another teacher. What should I do? I don't want to leave it til the very last minute! :frown:

The sensible thing to do would be to meet with your head of 6th form and discover what she doesn't like. You can then consider her feedback and, who knows, you might even be able to improve it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest