The Student Room Group

Safety Choice?

Hello I've already picked 3 of my choices but I can't decide on my 4th (safety choice)
I got 7A*5A +A in add maths in GCSE
4A in AS chem bio phy math & predicted 4A* in A2
722.5 in UKCAT
I'm already applying to imperial king's barts
I would like to stay as close to London as possible. Any thoughts??
Original post by brian.jeon
Hello I've already picked 3 of my choices but I can't decide on my 4th (safety choice)
722.5 in UKCAT

There's no such thing as a safety choice for medicine - they're all difficult to get into for different reasons, and the decider in your application for academic high achievers is often the non-academic components! You meet the academic requirements for all medical schools, so can apply wherever you want, really. Just no where you apply will be a "safe" choice that you're more likely to get into.
Reply 2
St Georges would be a strong choice for you :smile:
With almost two thirds of applicants getting 4 rejections, I think it's safe to say nowhere is a "safe" choice. Is not like other subjects in that respect.
Reply 4
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
There's no such thing as a safety choice for medicine - they're all difficult to get into for different reasons, and the decider in your application for academic high achievers is often the non-academic components! You meet the academic requirements for all medical schools, so can apply wherever you want, really. Just no where you apply will be a "safe" choice that you're more likely to get into.

Of course there is no 'safe' choice when it comes to medicine but what I meant to ask was would there be a less ambitious choice that I may have a slightly higher chance of getting into. :smile:
Reply 5
Of course there is no 'safe' choice when it comes to medicine but what I meant to ask was would there be a less ambitious choice that I may have a slightly higher chance of getting into. :smile:

That was rather the point the other posters were making. If there is a university that you are not currently applying to where you stand a better chance at getting an offer than you do at the places you have already picked, then you've picked the wrong med schools. You need to apply using your strengths.
Reply 6
722.5 in UKCAT

There definitely is such thing as a safety choice! I had one and now I'm there but I absolutely love it and can't recommend it enough :wink: for that reason QUB (im not Irish) where you're absolutely guarunteed an interview which is about as safe as you can get.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending