The Student Room Group

Need to complete a Honours degree Electrical Engineering.

I want to complete a honours degree in electrical engineering but I'm having trouble finding any courses that are near me, I live in dorset and want to make it practical to go to university, I've completed a HNC but this year they wouldn't let me on the FdSc in Electrical Engineering because I didn't have a work placement, it's a shame.

Now I'm looking at FdSc electrical engineering courses, but I can imagine any university is going to charge around £9,000 a year which makes me think it's a bad idea, if I can wait a year I could save a lot of debt, it's always better to walk out of university with little to no debt, the courses at the college weren't too expensive, only around £3,000 but they've gone up to £6,000 per year now, I will go on the course but I need a job, which is hard to get.

So now I'm looking around for a FdSc course in electrical engineering but I would like the course as cheap as possible, I don't want to end up coming out of university in £18,000 of debt, it's life destroying if you don't get a job in the end, many students come out of university with huge debts and no jobs, they've been screwed, they are now debt slaves.

Does anyone know where I can get a degree for cheaper than £9,000 a year, what's the cheapest place you've found to get on a FdSc? I think they said it would be funded, I would get around £6,000 funded from Student Finance England.

Quick Reply

Latest