The Student Room Group

perks of being british

:daydreaming:

Scroll to see replies

Being excellent at queuing.
Having amazing personalities!
Original post by KittyRe-play
Having amazing personalities!

-_-. Go and talk to someone on the bus, I doubt you'd find them to be so 'amazing'. They'd most likely think you are so annoying *******.
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
-_-. Go and talk to someone on the bus, I doubt you'd find them to be so 'amazing'. They'd most likely think you are so annoying *******.

Being self deprecating all the time.
Everyone falls in love with the accent. Not sure why though.
Always moaning, complaining, being bitchy and reserved :daydreaming:
Reply 7
You can express you're utter contempt with a look or let air fester inside for years without ever expressing it because you're so polite.
Reply 8
If you're poor: nhs , welfare system

In any case: safer than lots of places in terms of war, climate, food availability etc.

Wouldn't say the people are that nice in my experience but my experience is limited.
Reply 9
Original post by GnomeMage

:daydreaming:

Can't say I find her attractive and I doubt she means regular British men...she's stating the obvious thing that attractive British men are attractive.
Personally, the only perk being British gives is when I stand in an immigration and customs line at an airport with people from poorer countries. My little red passport makes me feel like I am a queen compared to someone with an African nation passport for example.

I also like the fast track service at immigration because there are two lines: EU passport holders and NON-EU passport holders. I love walking past a big long line of foreigners who have a non-EU pasport with my little red passport in hand.

Apart from that, being British is frowned upon now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Empire
Original post by holmes221
Empire

What empire? Oh you mean the disseminated one from the colonial era.

That's too long ago to be thought of as a perk.
Original post by Miss Posh

But the effects are still there, ie all of the world speaks english and a lot of foreigners really like British people.

Well... it does mean that you can visit loads of countries on a British passport without needing a visa. :biggrin:
American girls just melt when I talk...

Being a dragon is hard :-(
Original post by holmes221
But the effects are still there, ie all of the world speaks english and a lot of foreigners really like British people.

No they don't. British people are hated in parts of Spain and elsewhere because British men are rowdy and insulting towards the locals.

If I ran a hotel, I'd rather cater for Scandinavian, Dutch, German, Italian etc than British people. In fact, I'd probably ban British people who earn a low salary/uneducated.
having the best beer, best cheese, best meat, best music, best tv, best nightlife, best sports, best cities, best countryside, basically the best life. Lets be honest, England is a ****ing sweet place to live.
Original post by TheNoobishKnight

Hey don't be like that. :frown:
Lol I don't use the bus, never have, they are just scary.
That's some people though (rare), think positive. :h:
#OptimismOvercomesAnger#

Apart from that, being British is frowned upon now.

Is it? Is it really?

Quick Reply

Latest