The Student Room Group

HSBC work experience November telephone interview.

Hi, I have a telephone interview for a work experience placement at HSBC on Monday. I was wondering if anyone has been through this process before and could tell me what to expect. I really want to go in to finance when I'm older so I thought this would be ideal.
Original post by Katiepotaty
Hi, I have a telephone interview for a work experience placement at HSBC on Monday. I was wondering if anyone has been through this process before and could tell me what to expect. I really want to go in to finance when I'm older so I thought this would be ideal.

I've had several telephone interviews. I passed them for Credit Suisse, Societe Generale (Summer Internship), Barclays (Work experience) and this was whilst I was an A level student.

Words of advice:

Be prepared (know yourself, know your motivations for applying to HSBC scheme)

Have some commercial awareness, know what's going on in the field you're apply too

Get some examples of your competencies (use STAR interview techniques)

Prepare intellectaul questions to ask at the end, about the role or anything else you're interested in

Speak with confidence and be articulate.

You should be fine. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonynous
I've had several telephone interviews. I passed them for Credit Suisse, Societe Generale (Summer Internship), Barclays (Work experience) and this was whilst I was an A level student.

Words of advice:

Be prepared (know yourself, know your motivations for applying to HSBC scheme)

Have some commercial awareness, know what's going on in the field you're apply too

Get some examples of your competencies (use STAR interview techniques)

Prepare intellectaul questions to ask at the end, about the role or anything else you're interested in

Speak with confidence and be articulate.

You should be fine. Good luck.

Thank you for that. I want to go in to audit so should I mention that or not as HSBC is just a bank. I am an A level student so what types of things would I be doing there as there's nothing really about what you do on the internet?
Thank you for that. I want to go in to audit so should I mention that or not as HSBC is just a bank. I am an A level student so what types of things would I be doing there as there's nothing really about what you do on the internet?

Don't mention your interest in audit, unless you're applying to audit at the bank. I was an A level student, and just show your interest and knowledge of the indudstry. Say you want to gain increased exposure into the financial interest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonynous
Don't mention your interest in audit, unless you're applying to audit at the bank. I was an A level student, and just show your interest and knowledge of the indudstry. Say you want to gain increased exposure into the financial interest.

I've applied for Retail Banking and Wealth Management Work Experience Placement. Should I mention that my brother is a bank manager and its sounds like a good career choice?
I've applied for Retail Banking and Wealth Management Work Experience Placement. Should I mention that my brother is a bank manager and its sounds like a good career choice?

Lol, no. show ur interest by demonstrating you've looked into the industry not becus some1 else does it andit looks cool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending