The Student Room Group

Why do girls laugh a lot around guys they like?

But if a less attractive guy made the same joke, they wouldn't laugh at all?

When women say they want a sense of humour in a man, do they simply mean they want a good looking guy?

Is laughing a technique women use to attract the male?

Discuss.
Reply 1
yes
Reply 2
Original post by AlphaNick
it means nothing, people don't follow a pattern like you expect

This answer is even worse than the "yes" response in this thread.
Reply 3
If you're gonna rate my answers then don't ******* ask questions, you're in need of social help obviously, I'm giving you some advice and you dismiss it. It's an easily interpretable fact that girls laugh and don't laugh at people they like making jokes in random sequence based on hundreds, literally hundreds of other factors. You might as well just use the reciprocal of the square root the time it takes for them to reply as an indicator for their probability to saying yes when you ask them out.

It means nothing my friend. A girl laughing at your jokes doesn't necessarily mean they like you, neither does them not laughing mean they don't like you. Sort out your abstract image of human beings before thinking about girls.

Didn't read (srs)
Reply 4
Have a beer and forget about them. It'll give you perspective.
Reply 5
Original post by nohomo
Have a beer and forget about them. It'll give you perspective.

Girls = 50% of people. I'd like to know why they are all shallow sloots brah
I usually find funny men more attractive even if they are ugly. Even been out with one or two...before I realised they were actually ugly and got rid.
Original post by Prince Kael'thas
Good to know there's hope for alphanick. I have a feeling he is really short too.

Sorry, I don't date manlets, regardless of humour.
Reply 8
Even I know this one. Funny=fun to be around=makes you happy=I WANT MORE HAPPY FEELING=happy feeling comes from this person=I WANT TO BE AROUND THIS PERSON
Reply 9
yeah because a fair number of people exhibit the same helpless attitudes when it comes to relationships

you're 16 you moron you've barely started puberty yet and you're talking about how knowledgeable you are about relationships when in reality you're socially awkward and get picked on everyday because you dont know **** about anything outside TSR
Reply 10
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Sorry, I don't date manlets, regardless of humour.

i am 5'6 master race height
Original post by Veracity80
you're 16 you moron you've barely started puberty yet and you're talking about how knowledgeable you are about relationships when in reality you're socially awkward and get picked on everyday because you dont know **** about anything outside TSR

lol, says the 18 year old.
Girls always laugh at me :frown:
Reply 13
do you have any friends at school you pretentious hipster?

strong life
does this mean my opinion shall be disregarded because I'm 16 :tongue::rolleyes:
I don't know about you lot but I laugh in most situations. I just can't control it...like at the most awkward time I will get the giggles. So funny haha :tongue:
I laugh at anything. :confused:
Original post by Black Cat
Girls always laugh at me :frown:

:console:

Quick Reply