The Student Room Group

Girls, would you date a guy who has anxiety?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minimarshmallow
You'd totally be out. As a would be librarian, being noisy in the library would be one of the biggest sins you could commit!

But what if I got the whole titanic set and everything and me and the librarian did 'that' scene? Would it be cool then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly, no. I used to suffer from a bit of mental health issues and having a boyfriend that might trigger that would not do me any good.
Yeah I'd help him get over it.
Would depend what triggers his anxiety and how severe it is.
As someone with mental health issues I'd be swayed toward not dating them though, as I think it can go one of two ways we could either end up supporting each other (though you can get this with someone who doesn't have mental health issues) or we could end up being toxic for each other and feeding off each others mental health issues. I've come too far to have someone else bring me back down be it intentional or not.
Its more of a case of worrying and overthinking over simple stuff. But its enough to cause me to get myself worked up. I've helped myself get a lot better, but recently stuff has flared it up again. Its not nice and I worry (funnily enough) if I could ever get a partner because of it.
Worrying and overthinking is anxiety - a case of worrying too much, its not serve in my case but it certainly does affect me.
Reply 46
Yes, anxiety isn't an uncommon thing to have nor should it be anything to be ashamed of. Dont let it hold you back :hugs:
Original post by Yeah dude
But what if I got the whole titanic set and everything and me and the librarian did 'that' scene? Would it be cool then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still no.

I'd be shushing you furiously!
Original post by minimarshmallow
Still no.

I'd be shushing you furiously!

How about some miley cyrus? All girls love it when you sing party in the USA to them...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending