The Student Room Group

Why don't girls ask out guys?

Why don't girls ask out guys? Just wondering?
Original post by rahulchopra30

I think the majority of girls don't for the same reason boys are hesitant to. Most would be shy and afraid of rejection.
Reply 2
Tradition is that the girl makes it abundantly clear she wants to be asked out and the guy does it. Often a successful strategy. Girls do take the plunge too occasionally though.
They do sometimes
Reply 4
I think it's because it's usually the guy who asks the girl out but I feel that if a girl likes a guy enough, why wait for him to make the move? Go for it.
I've been asked out by a rich brazillian girl once
Original post by tiredofloving
I think the majority of girls don't for the same reason boys are hesitant to. Most would be shy and afraid of rejection.

Nice. Good to know they are nervous too!

Original post by chrlsmth
I think it's because it's usually the guy who asks the girl out but I feel that if a girl likes a guy enough, why wait for him to make the move? Go for it.

Absolutely. They need to!

Original post by Jgco2chem
I've been asked out by a rich brazillian girl once

Haha please introduce us to their friends!
Feminism. Ruining mens' lives since 1902.
Because women want the freedoms of being a man with none of the responsibilities.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sometimes we do. However, because as a gender we are generally more emotional (GENERALLY), we often take rejections harder. And I've known girls who pursue guys to be labelled as 'forward' or at worst 'slut'.
Reply 10
Original post by rahulchopra30

Probably because they don't like you.
If I ever get desperate I probably will. Atm I'm not looking for a relationship so I don't feel the need to ask anyone out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been asked out twice before, depends how confident they are and how likely they think you are to say yes.
I think most of the girls don't know what they want to ask guys. Just an assumption. Last time a girl has asked me which changed into a talk.
If you are desirable enough as a man there won't be a shortage of girls asking you out :smile:
More men like a particular girl than girls who like a certain girl. Its easy for girls for this reason, so they let the men do the hard work
I'm a girl and I'd definitely ask if I was sure that we were both on the same page!

Quick Reply

Latest