The Student Room Group

Getting out of accommodation contract

I'm currently at Sheffield Hallam but am planning on withdrawing as uni just isn't for me this year. I've heard that with unite accommodation you have to find someone yourself to move into your room or else they'll still charge you the full yearly amount for the room. I don't want to stay at the university for much longer but I don't know how to find someone to move in? This is all confusing me so much and I don't know what to do. I've only been in my accommodation 3 weeks and want to move out pretty soon. I don't want to be charged for the full year if I'm only going to be here 5 weeks maximum. What do I do? Needing advice a.s.a.p :confused:
Original post by katy7133
I'm currently at Sheffield Hallam but am planning on withdrawing as uni just isn't for me this year. I've heard that with unite accommodation you have to find someone yourself to move into your room or else they'll still charge you the full yearly amount for the room. I don't want to stay at the university for much longer but I don't know how to find someone to move in? This is all confusing me so much and I don't know what to do. I've only been in my accommodation 3 weeks and want to move out pretty soon. I don't want to be charged for the full year if I'm only going to be here 5 weeks maximum. What do I do? Needing advice a.s.a.p :confused:

Hello there ! I understand that you are in a stressful and confusing situation, but there is no need to be feeling that way Katy :smile:

You can use TSR to ask if anyone is looking for accommodation at your current place by simply posting a thread in the appropriate forum.

Also, I do believe unite staff should help you find someone to take over your contract.

Hope this helps !
Original post by katy7133

university facebook pages or housing pages

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending