The Student Room Group

Stressed first year!

I've just started my undergrad in Psychology and I've been given my first essay question and I'm so confused because I can't work out what the question wants from me.

It is ,Demonstrate, by making reference to studies, how psychological research has contributed to our understanding of treatments for depression'.

Am I outlining the treatments? Giving pros and cons of them?

Help please!
Original post by Anonymous #2
I've just started my undergrad in Psychology and I've been given my first essay question and I'm so confused because I can't work out what the question wants from me.

It is ,Demonstrate, by making reference to studies, how psychological research has contributed to our understanding of treatments for depression'.

Am I outlining the treatments? Giving pros and cons of them?

Help please!

Talk about how psychological research has helped shape the outline of treatment for depression, bad and good.
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Talk about how psychological research has helped shape the outline of treatment for depression, bad and good.

But what does that mean? I don't understand. Would an example be 'Talking therapies have shown to be useful because of X and is shown in study Y?

Am I just being really thick? :colondollar:

Thanks for your reply!
Original post by Anonymous #2
But what does that mean? I don't understand. Would an example be 'Talking therapies have shown to be useful because of X and is shown in study Y?

Am I just being really thick? :colondollar:

Thanks for your reply!

Aww don't say that about yourself. :smile:

The example you gave seems fine to me.

No problem ! Any time.
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Aww don't say that about yourself. :smile:

The example you gave seems fine to me.

No problem ! Any time.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest