The Student Room Group

What makes a lot of women ashamed to admit they masturbate ?

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Because there's still some sort of taboo on girls being sexual, we're getting there with the slut shaming thing but in terms of self pleasure, I think there's just no progress. Girls masturbating hasn't be normalised like it is for boys. For boys, they're an encouraged while society makes it seem like it's kinda dirty or weird thing for girls to do. Girl's arent even taught that much about their own vagina, yet alone masturbation.
That and girls doing it isn't nearly as common as guys seem to think it is
Reply 3
Original post by Youni-chan
Because there's still some sort of taboo on girls being sexual, we're getting there with the slut shaming thing but in terms of self pleasure, I think there's just no progress. Girls masturbating hasn't be normalised like it is for boys. For boys, they're an encouraged while society makes it seem like it's kinda dirty or weird thing for girls to do. Girl's arent even taught that much about their own vagina, yet alone masturbation.

Well I reckon that if I were a female who was attractive, I could make a living on YouTube posting videos of me rubbing my genitals through my underwear...since I'm male, not so much.

I have nothing against females masturbating. I think it's great if they want to.

I have no issue with them having sex either but if I had to choose which out of masturbation or sex would be more likely to upset me it'd be sex.
Reply 4
I've noticed that the more physically attractive or confident a woman is, the more that she talks about sex or makes Youtube videos about sex. For example, JennaMarbles, Emily Hart
Original post by blackened_sky

Of course it is.
Reply 6
Original post by Riku
I've noticed that the more physically attractive or confident a woman is, the more that she talks about sex or makes Youtube videos about sex. For example, JennaMarbles, Emily Hart

They're both dullards...not sexy at all
Original post by blackened_sky

Wat :lolwut:
I'm not ashamed. Just made a hit tune from strummin one out.

:mmm:
Original post by Riku

Not

true.

The more self respect a woman has, the less she will make a living/gain a social life from being a slut. It just so happens that sluts in the media are good looking because who wants to pay or fantasize about an ugly chick.
Original post by Hydroxy
This is my observation too.

But it's not true!

Oh ffs they're good looking so they get paid to be sluts. Not all sluts are good looking. I feel it's ugly chicks who are all loud about their sluttiness. Because no other chance do they have to get attention than to advertise themselves with vulgarity.
Original post by Hydroxy
I'm not on about people in any form of media. I'm on about real life.

In real life, if I've ever been sat in a group of friends/people and we've been talking about such a subject the better looking women don't seem to have any problem talking about sex, masturbating etc.

It's also held true for women I've dated. The best looking girl I was with was completely open about talking about anything sexual.

"Best looking" and "girl you were with" are both insignificant seeing as who knows what your type is, and who knows what you can get. It does stand though what I said: good looking or not, women with self respect do not do it, no matter how they look. That was my primary point. I built off something else that I have seen which is, ugly chicks are thirsty and draw attention to themselves by being vulgar acting like dogs. It's easier to score a low rate chick for a one night thing than a hot ideal chick you probably want. Why? Ugly girl has less chances on the dating scene.

And I went off "media" because the guy mentioned it?
Original post by Hydroxy
Also, stop slut-shaming.

:rolleyes: It's shameful to be a slut; "stop" trying to guilt trip me on telling the truth. I am not politically correct...whatever that is. :smile:
Original post by Hydroxy
I think you're either just quite old fashioned or perhaps slightly young/immature.

I understand your points about less-conventionally attractive women doing things and drawing attention to themselves perhaps out of insecurity but that's not what I'm talking about.

All I'm saying is I've noticed a correlation between "stereotypically" attractive women and how open they are about talking about their sex lives. I don't think women bottling up that kind of stuff is anything to do with self-respect.

I even find it attractive when a woman gets involved in those kind of conversations because it's traditionally (like your attitude for example) seen as a bad thing to do. I find modern women attractive, not old-fashioned ones.

There's no need to analyse who I am personally :curious: And demerit what I know?

Ugh. I was responding to Riku, and you agreed. **** what you're talking about in regards to why you started the thread, I'm only discussing what Riku said that "the more attractive a female is, the more she will talk about sex." That is the same as saying, "the less attractive a girl is, the less she will talk about sex, and attractive females talk about sex more."

That is ****ing loaded and ignorant and the more immature statement here.

And there's nothing modern about chatting in public about sex. You have this cartoon idea about women. Though of course it's "sexually attractive" to talk about sex. :hmmmm2: I mean obviously it would be; why do you think ugly girls do it. There's nothing "old fashioned" about NOT talking about sex, because since the start of time and till the end of time, no woman will resort to such a discussion unless she felt the need to. Now if you mean a debate about sex, fine. A casual convo on the tube or to stranger on Facebook about my personal sex life, no. :closedeyes: And I even said in your thread that I am not ashamed to admit to masturbation, go look for it :curious: but I won't go around announcing it. Seems like you want to "traditional-shame" :rolleyes: and condone sexually loose behaviours in women for your own perverted agenda :talkhand:

done ere.
Yeah i used to as a teen but not really anymore,, too busy and got a partner
It's already been stated. Women having any type of sexual drive, let alone one that rivals a man because she feels the need to masturbate, is seen as 'abnormal'. Likewise, a man who DOESN'T masturbate is seen as weird or non-existent. Because of this stupid notion that men have much higher sex drives and women have virtually no sex drive, people use this reasoning to make the assumption that women don't masturbate as often. How could they? Their sex drive isn't that high. Women don't really desire sex, they use it as 'leverage' right? Of course, that's all B.S, and it's based on B.S. reasoning.
Reply 16
Original post by Hydroxy
Whoa - I wasn't trying to be offensive. Your response is loaded with immaturity though.

I haven't met anyone quite as judgemental as you since I was in my mid to later teens and it leads me to believe you'll probably have different beliefs when you grow up.

I don't know why you're so against setting up some divide between "announcing" it and just casually talking about it.

Regardless, there is nothing wrong with women wanting or having sex with whomever they want or talking openly about it. It doesn't mean they're attention seeking or "sluts" - That's quite a narrow-minded view to hold.

Oh and trust an ignorant little girl to pull out the "pervert/creepy" card just because something doesn't go her way.

If I remember another couple of threads correctly I wouldn't be so quick to buy into the idea that the poster is female.

At least two of my five female housemates at uni had never touched themselves before getting there, as far as I could make out.

I think if the theory about hot women being more outspoken about sexual things is true, it may be because they're more likely to have attracted male attention before (whether that be boyfriends or male friends) and so have more experience in opening up about that kind of thing, because guys do.
Original post by Danz123
It's already been stated. Women having any type of sexual drive, let alone one that rivals a man because she feels the need to masturbate, is seen as 'abnormal'. Likewise, a man who DOESN'T masturbate is seen as weird or non-existent. Because of this stupid notion that men have much higher sex drives and women have virtually no sex drive, people use this reasoning to make the assumption that women don't masturbate as often. How could they? Their sex drive isn't that high. Women don't really desire sex, they use it as 'leverage' right? Of course, that's all B.S, and it's based on B.S. reasoning.

Hmmm...probably. But the somewhat taboo idea of women masturbating is different from OP asking why don't women "openly admit it," which is weird that he wants women to announce that they just rubbed one out :rolleyes:
Original post by Ronove
If I remember another couple of threads correctly I wouldn't be so quick to buy into the idea that the poster is female.

At least two of my five female housemates at uni had never touched themselves before getting there, as far as I could make out.

I think if the theory about hot women being more outspoken about sexual things is true, it may be because they're more likely to have attracted male attention before (whether that be boyfriends or male friends) and so have more experience in opening up about that kind of thing, because guys do.

I'm sorry? I don't even remember you :lol: yet you remember me? Typical cyber suck-off.

And it's not true. Aren't you a woman? Why are you guessing? :rolleyes: What do you do? Do you just go around talking about your sexual business?
Reply 19
Original post by RiOt GrrrL
I'm sorry? I don't even remember you :lol: yet you remember me? Typical cyber suck-off.

And it's not true. Aren't you a woman? Why are you guessing? :rolleyes: What do you do? Do you just go around talking about your sexual business?

I don't have to have spoken to you to have seen all of about two or three posts of yours (which incidentally were quite enough to come to this conclusion).

I am a woman. Why am I guessing what? Where have I talked about my 'sexual business'? ...

Quick Reply