The Student Room Group

The inevitable heart pain

So it's about that time of year where personal statements start getting written however, even though i'm a pro bull****ter when it comes to writing, I don't think that's going to help me here. So I come to you begging, pleading and crying in a pile of stress induced hormones, if someone could please point me in the right direction. I want to apply to Aberdeen to study Psychology and I don't know how to start off my personal statement or what to include. If anyone could help me I would be eternally grateful and if I get into Aberdeen and you're there or go to uni in the area, shots on me! I think that's a fair deal :wink:
I don't know about Aberdeen specifically, but you should focus on why psychology interests you and reading that you've done that has interested you and why. See the guidance in my sig for more advice on psychology PSs :smile:
Original post by MoniqueLR
So it's about that time of year where personal statements start getting written however, even though i'm a pro bull****ter when it comes to writing, I don't think that's going to help me here. So I come to you begging, pleading and crying in a pile of stress induced hormones, if someone could please point me in the right direction. I want to apply to Aberdeen to study Psychology and I don't know how to start off my personal statement or what to include. If anyone could help me I would be eternally grateful and if I get into Aberdeen and you're there or go to uni in the area, shots on me! I think that's a fair deal :wink:

Have you tried the free PS builder, guidance from PS advisors, the personal statement library (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:Personal_Statements_by_Subject) and also the premium review service (though there is a cost attached to this final element of TSR's help)? These are all resources which can help you with building your statement and then finessing it.

toronto353 :smile:
Original post by MoniqueLR

I just finished mine last night. Different course though. I worked on it in bits and pieces. Sometimes I would think of things I wanted to ad after I had gone to bed, so I would save them on my phone. It really did feel like it was hopeless, until suddenly I realised I was almost done. Find what works for you. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending