The Student Room Group

How difficult is it to get on the European fast stream?

I am studying French and Spanish, so I believe I am already at an advantage. Reading over the description and after done some work experience at the EU, I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I would like to do as a career.

Has anyone successfully done it or know how difficult it is to get in?

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by Gales
I am studying French and Spanish, so I believe I am already at an advantage. Reading over the description and after done some work experience at the EU, I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I would like to do as a career.

Extremely.

For more info -
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2742964&page=36&p=51223635#post51223635
Original post by Gales

Only just seen this, so apologies if this reply is too late to be of any use!

Basically, it's more difficult than getting onto the standard Fast Stream because the numbers taken on are much smaller and EFS is a lot more popular than most other streams relative to the amount of vacancies. The pass marks for all stages are higher for EFS with the exception of the competency test for which the threshold is lower than for other streams. There is also a final sift after FSAC which takes into account whether you chose EFS as a first choice, your degree and any other language qualifications, and what you wrote on your application form, as well as your FSAC score.

You are quite right that you have an advantage as people with language degrees are given priority. However, the crucial thing is to ensure that you've chosen EFS as your first choice, as this is seen as a marker of interest, and therefore when making job offers people who have selected EFS first are offered first regardless of other factors, therefore if there are plenty of people fitting that criterion who have made the grade then no matter your degree and how high your FSAC score you still won't get in. Sounds like you're already pretty set on the EFS and will do this, but just to be on the safe side :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending