The Student Room Group

Panic attacks in seminar, lectures and queing up.

Deleted question.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by XXAZAXX
This has actually been here for a 24 months prior to fresher week. I went into the the last 5-6 days before I started Uni feeling alright feeling better but still feeling vulnerable to bouts of panic. It was actually not that bad I was talking to people ok, but now whenever I am around people from Uni I feel terrible when someone turns around my headshakes.If you experienced the same thing what did you do and what advise would you give. Like e.g who should I tell lectures or headteachers so they know why I do not turn up. I have already seen a welfare being offer for six session now but it did not address the headshaking. I believe the pressure comes from the thought that people will remember me for these mini but stupid panic attacks. Hope there are replies to this, the last two posts were not answered..

Nerves I reckon dont worry I know many people that have gone through this? You want to make friends but you feel too scared to approach people right? Its happened to me and many others I know. I would just say approach a few people or individuals first that way it isnt too scary then hopefully and gradually you will make more friends and when you go to lectures and seminars it will be easier because you know people there. Are you a fresher?
if you are missing lectures you need to inform your department as some will start asking you about your attendence or if you are unable to complete a piece of work and tell them then it will look like an excuse, they can also start organising some sort e.g. you could sit your exams in a smaller room
Reply 3
Original post by ineedtorevise127
Nerves I reckon dont worry I know many people that have gone through this? You want to make friends but you feel too scared to approach people right? Its happened to me and many others I know. I would just say approach a few people or individuals first that way it isnt too scary then hopefully and gradually you will make more friends and when you go to lectures and seminars it will be easier because you know people there. Are you a fresher?

Quite the opposite for me, when it is just me and a couple of people and i am standing up and someone looks back when in-front of me alot of the time nothing happens but when taking a seat my head shakes, when someone looks back at me from a forward position, i fear this could make it worse because this is my first time in a while getting involved in this kind of environment. Also even if i speak to people outside if anything that will make it worse cause people will wonder why i did not come the next day but for people that saw it they would know the reason why i did not make it the next day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by XXAZAXX
Quite the opposite for me, when it is just me and a couple of people and i am standing up and someone looks back when in-front of me alot of the time nothing happens but when taking a seat my head shakes, when someone looks back at me from a forward position, i fear this could make it worse because this is my first time in a while getting involved in this kind of environment. Also even if i speak to people outside if anything that will make it worse cause people will wonder why i did not come the next day but for people that saw it they would know the reason why i did not make it the next day.

Oh okay I kinda get you have you tried going to a doctor maybe they could give you pills for anxiety worth a look I guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending