The Student Room Group

Residential Category

I have a query here. I am 17 years old and applying thro' UCAS for universities in the UK (England and Scotland). I have dual Irish and British citizenship. My family has lived in France for 9 years. My father has British citizenship and works just aross the border in Switzerland. My mother has dual Irish and British citizenship. When I look at the form, it seems to lead me to "settled in the UK" -is this right?
Reply 1
Not 100% sure about this, but settled to me would suggest where you are residing permanently - i.e. France, and therefore not the UK.
Reply 2
Original post by marie.wilson
I have a query here. I am 17 years old and applying thro' UCAS for universities in the UK (England and Scotland). I have dual Irish and British citizenship. My family has lived in France for 9 years. My father has British citizenship and works just aross the border in Switzerland. My mother has dual Irish and British citizenship. When I look at the form, it seems to lead me to "settled in the UK" -is this right?

Hi.

My daughter is in a similar situation. UK + Portuguese citizen, lived in Portugal all her life. None of the categories fits. The questions either led her to "settled in the UK", which, like you, she isn't; or "EU (non UK)", which again like you, she isn't.
I queried this with UCAS and they said to choose "other".

However, things may be different when it comes to applying for student finance. If you were born in the UK then as long as you are back in the UK for the first day of your course you are entitled to the same support as any UK home student. (See this thread, which was a query I asked here on TSR: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2870689)

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 3
thank you - that's really helpful. I will double check too with UCAS (of course that depends on getting through to UCAS and their computers not being down)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending