The Student Room Group

Am I a pushover? Or just boring?

I was too tired to go clubbing tonight as I've felt the crash of the constant clubbing from Fresher's Week hit me. But my friend wanted to go out tonight. If I didn't go with her, she'd be alone.

So I agreed to go. I kinda did and didn't want to go anyway. I'm drained but would still like the idea of going out.

So am I being a pushover when I half wanted to go out? Where do you draw the line between being a pushover and being boring or selfish?
If you dont want to go. Dont.
Reply 2
I suppose you felt more pressured because it was just you and your friend. If there was a bigger group of you I'm pretty sure you would have found it easier to say no without feeling guilty.
Reply 3
But I did kinda want to go too anyway. I didn't want to "miss the experience" so to say.
If you don't want to go out, then don't. It would be selfish of your friend to just expect you to go when your feeling unwell. If it was one night, where you weren't feeling well- That's hardly ''being boring''! and defiantly not selfish, and never will be selfish:/

I once went out when I was feeling really crap..I went because my friend really wanted to go out. And I spent the night puking my guts up in the toilet. She understood I wasn't enjoying the night and came home with me.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending