The Student Room Group

Could I apply to universities on my own (on top of UCAS choices)

So I'm going to be applying to 5 universities through ucas, but I was wondering if I could apply to more on my own (because there's so many places I want to go to and it's really hard to make my mind up). Does it cost money to apply on my own? or is it generally not allowed since I'm already applying through ucas?
Original post by Bigplatts
So I'm going to be applying to 5 universities through ucas, but I was wondering if I could apply to more on my own (because there's so many places I want to go to and it's really hard to make my mind up). Does it cost money to apply on my own? or is it generally not allowed since I'm already applying through ucas?

No, 5 choices through Ucas is your lot.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, 5 choices through Ucas is your lot.

Why though? Surely I could just contact the universities myself without ucas.

And thanks for the reply :smile:
Original post by Bigplatts
Why though? Surely I could just contact the universities myself without ucas.

And thanks for the reply :smile:

Universities are not allowed to accept applications through any other means. It's what they all signed up to when Ucas (and its predecessors UCCA and PCAS) was created. It makes it fairer and simpler for all.
Reply 4
All applications go through ucas, unless you want to apply to Buckingham which is private so handles its own

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
All applications go through ucas, unless you want to apply to Buckingham which is private so handles its own

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had Bucks in the back of my mind, but forgot to mention it. Ta.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending