The Student Room Group

Looking for advice of where to apply, grades: A*(btec eqv.) C C

Hiya dudes, I was just looking for some advice if someone could be kind enough to shed some light, I know its not an interesting post but help is much appreciated.

I just dropped out of Portsmouth University because nothing made me happy there, and I am contemplating, with what is now possibly a double gap year, to try again next September at a different Uni.

Where will accept me with grades as low as Distinction* BTEC (in applied law) a C (in history) and another C (psychology). I was told the BTEC* is equal to an A* A-level but I am very sceptic of this.

I'd love to go to a Russell Group, is this possible even through clearing. Oh and I posted this in South England because this is my preferred area of England.

Thanks very much.
Hi, I am unsure whether the Russel Group universities excepts BTEC's, due to the nature of the courses. C's in psychology and history are also unlikely to to surficiant i'm afraid. Clearing is also unlikely for such prestigious universities. Resiting exams could be a possibility if you're desperate to go to a Russel group university. Find a universities that is most relevant to the course you want to study, rather than a university that is known for its academic achievements. (unless you're intending to go down the academic route) hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Ollhoffcassie
Hi, I am unsure whether the Russel Group universities excepts BTEC's, due to the nature of the courses. C's in psychology and history are also unlikely to to surficiant i'm afraid. Clearing is also unlikely for such prestigious universities. Resiting exams could be a possibility if you're desperate to go to a Russel group university. Find a universities that is most relevant to the course you want to study, rather than a university that is known for its academic achievements. (unless you're intending to go down the academic route) hope this helps.

Thanks for replying bro, yes I thought as much, I'm pretty much starting to think that university really isn't the right path for me. I question whether a degree in History, from a non prestigious university, that I'm not sure I will even enjoy, is really the right path. Gee, seeing as I only just realised to put it that way... I think it's pretty clear I'm not intelligent enough anyway :colondollar:
...To anyone that reads that, feels the same and is somewhat depressed by this, remember that happiness has nothing to do with intelligence and grades! haha! :bl:
Russell groups do except btecs except Oxbridge etc.. I know someone who got into Qmul with a D* btec like you, 2 A levels grade B and extended project grade B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending