The Student Room Group

I would be hideous looking without effort....

Things that I have done in my life to make me better looking.

Had eye straightened when younger...think water boy
Had operation on my ears to stop wax leaking out
Had braces to straighten teeth
Had acne medication
Countless hours in the gym and doing other exercise
Improved diet
Brush my teeth twice a day...teeth are considered white for British standards
Chew tough gum and beef jerky to improve jaw
Moisturise twice a day
Use sunbeds
Vaseline on eyebrows to make them thicker

All this to be above average good looking, but nothing special.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You've either got good looking genes or you haven't. Ugly people can try to make themselves presentable though which makes them a little less hard on my eye.
Original post by Miss Posh
You've either got good looking genes or you haven't. Ugly people can try to make themselves presentable though which makes them a little less hard on my eye.

Most people would class me as blessed though and good looking.

I just don't think they realise the effort I and my mum has put in. I am just not at male model or Hollywood actor level.

I think I am basically next level down from people who have plastic surgery. Women may put on make-up but don't put the effort they I have to actually change my physical appearance.
Reply 3
Original post by Philip_Philtrum
Most people would class me as blessed though and good looking.

I just don't think they realise the effort I and my mum has put in. I am just not at male model or Hollywood actor level.

I think I am basically next level down from people who have plastic surgery. Women may put on make-up but don't put the effort they I have to actually change my physical appearance.

Well you needn't 'think' anymore. Post your picture for us to critique.
Braces, acne cream/medication, exercise, healthy diet, brushing your teeth twice a day and moisturising are things that a lot of people do. That's pretty much just taking care of yourself.
You exercise your jaw with chewing?!
Original post by blackened_sky
Braces, acne cream/medication, exercise, healthy diet, brushing your teeth twice a day and moisturising are things that a lot of people do. That's pretty much just taking care of yourself.

I agree to an extent...but I don't think most people do take care of themselves. My point is quite a few people will do these and will be considered good looking...but they are only considered good looking because they do these things.

I would say my exercise and diet regime is beyond what most people do as well.
I agree to an extent...but I don't think most people do take care of themselves. My point is quite a few people will do these and will be considered good looking...but they are only considered good looking because they do these things.

I would say my exercise and diet regime is beyond what most people do as well.

Well yeah, it's unlikely (despite how non-shallow we all claim to be) that anyone will be attracted to someone with crooked yellow teeth, bad breath, spots and dry cracked skin, who's also overweight and greasy because their diet is poor.
Original post by Octopus_Garden
You exercise your jaw with chewing?!

Yes. Masseter can grow. You basically need a good maxilla development(which I have) and then you can add more width with muscle which will make me look more masculine. I would actually have an even better jaw if they didn't rip out 4 of my teeth and narrow my mouth plate...ie wider chin. But my jaw is good so I am not bitter.
Original post by blackened_sky
Well yeah, it's unlikely (despite how non-shallow we all claim to be) that anyone will be attracted to someone with crooked yellow teeth, bad breath, spots and dry cracked skin, who's also overweight and greasy because their diet is poor.

But how many fat people say 'oh she is so lucky she is so pretty'...if they're fat they're obviously putting minimal effort in to looking better, so they usually have crap teeth and skin as well.

Just pointing out that it isn't all genetics...even though they play a huge part.
Vaseline on eyebrows to make them thicker

wtf?
Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood
wtf?

Helps them grow thicker...I also get dry skin on mine and rub them a lot...I am making a conscious effort to stop rubbing them and now putting vaseline on them to help them grow thicker.

Thick eyebrows is a masculine trait.
Does it work?? And whem do u see results
Helps them grow thicker...I also get dry skin on mine and rub them a lot...I am making a conscious effort to stop rubbing them and now putting vaseline on them to help them grow thicker.

Original post by Secretnerd123

Whilst the vaseline may help your dry skin, vaseline would in no way help your eyebrows grow thicker. Any effect you have been noticing in this regard would be psychological / placebo. Vaseline cannot thicken your eyebrows, I don't know who came up with this but it's not true. How could it? This is assuming you are not talking about temporarily giving the appearance of thicker eyebrows whilst the vaseline is on them, in which case maybe, I've never tried it :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
pics of philtrum or negs
Reply 15
Go on then... You've bigged yourself up now so let's see a picture
Original post by Secretnerd123

Only started to do it...will report back with results in several weeks. Google it in the meantime.
Original post by maxb123
Go on then... You've bigged yourself up now so let's see a picture

I said I am above average and nothing more from lots of effort. A few things haven't took full effect yet such as eyebrows and gum chewing...eyebrows I hope to see results in a month and chewing more like 6 months.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
bet ur ugly as ****
Before and after pics, please.

Quick Reply

Latest