The Student Room Group

"You will need 240-280 UCAS Tariff points from 2 A levels (or their equivalent)"

"You will need 240-280 UCAS Tariff points from 2 A levels (or their equivalent)" This was on the Hertfordshire University entry requirements. I'm a bit confused as they stated "From 2 A Levels". From what I know 240 UCAS is an AA (from two A Levels). Surely Herts wouldn't ask for grades like this???
What course?
Original post by maheerhussain
"You will need 240-280 UCAS Tariff points from 2 A levels (or their equivalent)" This was on the Hertfordshire University entry requirements. I'm a bit confused as they stated "From 2 A Levels". From what I know 240 UCAS is an AA (from two A Levels). Surely Herts wouldn't ask for grades like this???

it means you need 240-280 tariff points from a MINIMUM of 2 A levels.
you can get the points from 3 or 4 a levels for example. it just means, if you only have 2 A level subject then you will have to work harder. but if you have 3 or more A levels then its more spread out and you can get 240 points from BCC, CCC etc.
Original post by lukasthepoet
it means you need 240-280 tariff points from a MINIMUM of 2 A levels.
you can get the points from 3 or 4 a levels for example. it just means, if you only have 2 A level subject then you will have to work harder. but if you have 3 or more A levels then its more spread out and you can get 240 points from BCC, CCC etc.

Ummm.... I don't think so, at least that's not what I interpret from the offer. It should mean that you have to get a minimum of 2 As at A2 regardless of how many A2s you sit. So AAxx will work if OP is taking 4 A2s.
Reply 4
Original post by Mike_123
Ummm.... I don't think so, at least that's not what I interpret from the offer. It should mean that you have to get a minimum of 2 As at A2 regardless of how many A2s you sit. So AAxx will work if OP is taking 4 A2s.

See here: http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/10533/criminological-psychology?Feather=7&Vac=4&AvailableIn=2014&SubjectCode=35&MaxResults=1000&page=1&providerids=341&ret=results

You will need 240 UCAS Tariff points from 2 A levels (or their equivalent)

A minimum of two full A levels is required, achieving a minimum of 240 AS points.
Original post by Mike_123

Nope you're wrong.
It's requesting a MINIMUM of TWO A levels.
You can have much more than two A levels to get a total of 240 points as long as you get the points they are asking for. They dont care what combination of A levels you get it from as long as its no less than 2 a levels. You can get a total of 240 from 4 a levels, which would only require you to get Cs in them.
Nope you're wrong.
You can have much more than two A levels to get a total of 240 points as long as you get the points they are asking for. They dont care what combination of A levels you get it from as long as its no less than 2 a levels. You can get a total of 240 from 4 a levels, which would only require you to get Cs in them.

Yeah read my post above
Reply 8
Nope you're wrong.

3 A levels, from 4 you'd only need Ds
does it mean, that they would include ucas points from AS levels aswell

Quick Reply

Latest