The Student Room Group

Why do people aged 15-28 believe getting drunk is amazing?

They seem to think whoever consumes the most is the ultimate king of social situations. I honestly believe 90% of people get drunk purely to impress others they are around. Theres a guy on my FB who posts everytime hes drinking and takes pictures of his alcoholic beverages and makes posts such as "Got soooo wasted last night can't even remember the night, someone tell me what I did" and his mates will post comments describing him as a legend etc etc. Don't understand it atall. I think getting wasted is for losers.. not saying I haven't been tipsy but not enough to act like a complete lowlife who can't remember the night. I also think clubbing is absolutely stupid unless you are going purely for the women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

That's your opinion... other people enjoy it and find it a fun bonding experience. Who are you to tell them they are wrong? Live and let live. If you don't like it, don't do it.
Original post by MrMango
They seem to think whoever consumes the most is the ultimate king of social situations. I honestly believe 90% of people get drunk purely to impress others they are around. Theres a guy on my FB who posts everytime hes drinking and takes pictures of his alcoholic beverages and makes posts such as "Got soooo wasted last night can't even remember the night, someone tell me what I did" and his mates will post comments describing him as a legend etc etc. Don't understand it atall. I think getting wasted is for losers.. not saying I haven't been tipsy but not enough to act like a complete lowlife who can't remember the night. I also think clubbing is absolutely stupid unless you are going purely for the women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think this as well but I don't think they are losers they are just following the crowd and want to be accepted by society

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I think this as well but I don't think they are losers they are just following the crowd and want to be accepted by society

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. Weak betas.

inb4 alphanick wut
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
This. Weak betas.

inb4 alphanick wut

How does drinking make someone alpha:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does drinking make someone alpha:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

IT DOESN''t it makes them betas.

It is the tsr user alpha nick who gets drunk on the daily whilst getting 16a stars at gcse who says otherwise.
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
IT DOESN''t it makes them betas.

It is the tsr user alpha nick who gets drunk on the daily whilst getting 16a stars at gcse who says otherwise.

OK cool
I dont understand why people actively go out of their ways to destroy their livers

Posted from TSR Mobile
cos life is boring otherwise?!

JAGERBOMB!!
If someone wants to get wasted and isn't being an idiot to others then it's not doing anyone any harm but when you get those types that are actively trying to promote the image of themselves as someone that drinks a lot to seek social credibility then it looks a bit cringe.

The thing with getting wasted is it's not hard to do, you just have to spend the money on buying enough alcohol and then drinking it, and it's not exactly rare either, if you are a student then loads of people are doing it so it doesn't mark you out as anything special. So if you're purposefully uploading pictures of yourself with a beer or looking smashed to promote a lad image (or girls do it too to promote a vodka party girl image), or you are always trying to drop stories in to conversation about how you were "totally wasted", "passed out on the bus home and ended up stranded 30 miles away LOL" then it loses value quickly, people don't think you're a cool edgy charismatic personality they just think you're trying to use alcohol to give you a better social image.
Original post by Bill_Gates
cos life is boring otherwise?!

JAGERBOMB!!

nah you just think that your life is boring and alcohol makes it more exiting, i don't drink because if i do anything exiting or crazy i want to remember it. also alcohol and parkour makes for a bad combo
Original post by GunslingerZearon
nah you just think that your life is boring and alcohol makes it more exiting, i don't drink because if i do anything exiting or crazy i want to remember it. also alcohol and parkour makes for a bad combo

You don't have to drink to the point you can't remember anything.
Original post by CRW1996
You don't have to drink to the point you can't remember anything.

true but drinking seems like a way to empty your wallet and mess up your body
true but drinking seems like a way to empty your wallet and mess up your body

Unless you drink excessively regularly your body will be fine. Although I agree that it's very expensive.
Why is everyone on here such a ****ing dork.

Parkour? Do a barrel roll.
Original post by <*(((><
Parkour? Do a barrel roll.

tried it failed it never gonna do it, :cool:
tried it failed it never gonna do it, :cool:

Have you ever backflipped of a car? Have you ever take a video of an insect or plant to use in a youtube edit between clips of you doing a cork 1080 to kick the moon?
Original post by <*(((><
Have you ever backflipped of a car? Have you ever take a video of an insect or plant to use in a youtube edit between clips of you doing a cork 1080 to kick the moon?

when i parkour i don't really do flips or video myself doing it, its just because i cant do them and doing flips is more of the show off side of parkour
OK cool
I dont understand why people actively go out of their ways to destroy their livers

Posted from TSR Mobile

A spot of binge drinking when young is not going to do any lasting damage whatsoever.

Its the ones that keep binging into their 30s that end up with the serious issues.
Lets be clear here. Going out and getting drunk is fun. It does not make you an "alpha", nor does it make you a "beta". It doesn't make you anything. Its just something that some people enjoy doing. If you have tried it and didn't like it, fine. If you have never tried it, you can't really comment.

Quick Reply

Latest