The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Motherless Child
Are you sure you're not American?!

are you sure your not an idiot?
Reply 21
Get out of my thread with all this annoying conversation, it's hardly making me feel better about my problem and you could just use PM.
Reply 22
Oh, it's because you said "I sure loved pogs".

Not that big a deal, let's be honest.
Reply 23
Anonymous
Get out of my thread with all this annoying conversation, it's hardly making me feel better about my problem and you could just use PM.

i think by the answers to this thread, and the way it was hi-jacked you wouldnt have to be a genius to figure out what most people think.

yes, you led this guy on at the party.

no, it isnt a bad thing being a sociable friendly person.

just try to make it so u dont spend all the time with the guy and then give him your mobile number.
Reply 24
OP has someone said that you collect friends? Just wondered that's all, I met one of my best friends at a party 3 years ago so I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for a number! Although the guy was crazy about me for a while it sooned died down. You should be thankful you are approachable and people want to be friends! :smile:
Reply 25
Angel83
OP has someone said that you collect friends? Just wondered that's all, I met one of my best friends at a party 3 years ago so I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for a number! Although the guy was crazy about me for a while it sooned died down. You should be thankful you are approachable and people want to be friends! :smile:

Since you met your best friend at a party, you probably know what i mean, it's likely that when you meet someone at a party and get on really well then there's a good chance a freindship can come out ot that.
Reply 26
Angel83

im guaranteeing you that if u went up to that guy and told him u fancied him and wanted to go out he would jump on the chance
Reply 27
notts
i think by the answers to this thread, and the way it was hi-jacked you wouldnt have to be a genius to figure out what most people think.

I don't think the thread hi-jacking is a testament to what people think about my situation, more their boredom or worse, self-importance. :rolleyes:
yawn.
Reply 28
It depends how you talked to him and what body language you used. But to offer your number like that was maybe a bit forward if you wanted nothing other than a friendship. I might have got the wrong idea in his shoes.

But anyway i loved pogs too! Although when i was younger i could not afford anymore so i ended up stealing them from shops. Bit like a crack habit really
Reply 29
Anonymous
I don't think the thread hi-jacking is a testament to what people think about my situation, more their boredom or worse, self-importance. :rolleyes:
yawn.

no, i think its because your question has already been answered.

u said u took this guys number to keep in touch with him. would u have texted him asking to meet up? cos that would have been ridiculous.
Reply 30
Anonymous
yawn.

Yet you're continuing the off-topic-ness.....you selfish prat!
Reply 31
notts
im guaranteeing you that if u went up to that guy and told him u fancied him and wanted to go out he would jump on the chance

He probably would! We don't see each other much these days due to time and other commitments but he used to tell my friends he couldn't see me as it hurt him so much, bless. In time though a great friendship can develop and it would be ashame to throw that all away just cos someone has a crush.

OP I wouldn't say that was leading on, if we don't communicate with people life would be pretty dull! I wouldn't stress and see how things go, panicking may result in you acting oddly which you don't want to do.
Reply 32
zav
It depends how you talked to him and what body language you used. But to offer your number like that was maybe a bit forward if you wanted nothing other than a friendship. I might have got the wrong idea in his shoes.

I only swapped numbers with him because he lives in another city so it's unlikely we'd run into one another, but if i was having a big house party or something then i would invite him.
Reply 33
notts
no, i think its because your question has already been answered.

u said u took this guys number to keep in touch with him. would u have texted him asking to meet up? cos that would have been ridiculous.

Guess men and women interpret this as different things!

Woman asks man for number = friendship, usually waits to be asked for number if really likes him.

Man asks woman for number = really likes her, or does it out of politeness without any intentions afterwards.

Note - that is the generalisation, not all people will do this!
Reply 34
Angel83
Guess men and women interpret this as different things!

Woman asks man for number = friendship, usually waits to be asked for number if really likes him.

Man asks woman for number = really likes her, or does it out of politeness without any intentions afterwards.

Note - that is the generalisation, not all people will do this!

It is kind of good to know that people would interpret something like that so differently as it means i can be more specific about my intentions before giving someone my number.
Reply 35
all im saying, is from a blokes point of view, if i had spent all a party talking to one girl, then we had hung out more after the party, then i had walked her home and she had given me her #, then yes, i would definitely think you were *interested*.
Mr.God
Collecting Pokemon or Pogs would no doubt be a lot less complicated.

Mr.God - you are a legend! LOL! :smile:
Reply 37
CyanideZombie
Mr.God - you are a legend! LOL! :smile:

Also a warrior and a king.
Reply 38
You didn't lead him on at all. He was most definately trying to pull you, but his game just wasn't good enough. The majority of women would have done the same in your situation

notts: It's not her fault she doesn't feel attracted to him. He was being friendly to her all night so she just reacted to it the same way she would react to it if it was a girl chatting to her.

Inexperienced guys seem to have a big habbit of blaming girls when they fail to pull them, when in fact it was the guy himself who got it wrong.
Reply 39
Eddy123
He was being friendly to her all night so she just reacted to it the same way she would react to it if it was a girl chatting to her.

That's a really good point actually, if it was a girl i would have acted exactly the same. Thanks for pointing that out Eddy. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending