The Student Room Group

Distance Learning A-Levels - Any Advice?

Oops, my first post was in the wrong section :frown:

Does anyone have any tips or advice for studying A levels via distance learning?

I have enrolled on Economics, Business Studies and Mathematics. At the moment I am struggling to define any kind of plan to my studies and splitting the content and materials into "sessions".
Reply 1
Hi, I'm actually distance learning Physics atm.
It's so hard to stick to my schedule. I've been trying to do 3 hours a day plus questions.
What have you planned?

But lately I've been torn as to continue with OCR or do AQA as the exam board for it.
AQA is more preferred by distance learning providers, whereas with OCR I'm just self studying from resources attained from my friend/neighbour.
Do you know anyone who has done Physics AQA or OCR?
Reply 2
Since posting I've managed to sort out my plan. I checked out the exam boards website and downloaded the specification. I have bought the textbooks also recommended and planned out each unit etc...

I have resources provided by the college I have enrolled on but find it easier to go through the textbooks in line with the course specification. Maybe you can check that out?

Don't know anyone doing physics sorry. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you enrolled with a programme/external candidate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am a private candidate. However I'm enrolled with Oxford college online

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy Mac
I am a private candidate. However I'm enrolled with Oxford college online

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yeah I have all of the material online. With the option available to have paper/PDF resources at an additional cost. I have a private tutor for each subject and have assignments etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending