The Student Room Group

Would you laugh at someone if they kept a diary?

They are in their early 20s, honest opinions please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Multitalented me

The opposite. There are so many good reasons to keep a diary or blog, etc, so why would I punish someone for that?
no what kind of idiot question!
I pretty much laugh at everything so I probably would haha. :biggrin:
Not in the slightest! :smile:

I think it's a therapeutic and relaxing way to reflect upon your actions, thoughts, and experiences while simultaneously creating a detailed and emotive account of your life that you can refer back to, whether it be for venting, reminding, or learning.

I often consider doing it myself..
I wouldn't laugh at all. Having a diary is very helpful rather than having a sticky note on your cell phone tab or anything you can carry with you. I also use to write a lot on diary so I won't laugh in fact I would appreciate it. Having a diary and writing about things around you, writing about yourself can improve our mind, we can learn lot about our skills our faults and everything around us if we just write down and keep a record of everything we experience in life.
Reply 6
No, I go through about one diary a month.
Of course not. A diary is just a blog. Nice to hear about someone writing instead of jacking off between sessions of FIFA for a change.
no
Yes
Reply 10
I'd admire their commitment. But then, I keep a diary.

No, I would not laugh.

I kept a diary during hiking trips and a travel around Europe to record my thoughts. I find it a very empowering experience to read it years later and see my exact feelings and emotions during a specific period of time in my life, something which is not always possible as our recollection of events degrade over time and the details are simply forgotten.

It's also helpful for those experiencing challenging situations or mental states to have somewhere to write down their thoughts and emotions without the judgement of others. I don't keep a diary but I don't see how one can find having a diary humourous.
(edited 9 years ago)
I wouldn't because I've kept them in the past. I also think that diaries can be a good way to vent your frustrations or to just record fond memories or events. I'll probably have to get rid of mine one day though. I wrote some terrible things in it...
No. My mamgu (gran's mother) has written consistently in a diary for 75 years, it goes right back to her 1940s childhood growing up in the valley. That's an amazing piece of history to leave behind.
No, of course not.
Reply 15

No, of course not. I don't think anyone's ever laughed at Alan Bennett or Tony Benn for keeping a diary, have they? I (try to) keep one but I have to admit mine's rather dull.
Original post by Davalla
The opposite. There are so many good reasons to keep a diary or blog, etc, so why would I punish someone for that?

Exactly.

I'd quite like to keep a diary of some sort, I'm the type of person who'd like to read through it years later, possibly with a partner of maybe even children eventually. Imagine being 40-50 and reading a diary from your teenage years of what you did on an exact day.

I tried it once or twice but after a while I got bored of it. Might just write one on my laptop for key events that stand out.
no, why wud anyone laugh at that

it's truly a great thing to be able to log your thoughts, feelings and experiences into a journal.

in the words of Scarface, "I can't talk to my mother so I talk to my diary".
Reply 18

Id have to tbh.. if I found out one of my mates had a diary I'd quit education and my job and dedicate my life to tormenting them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I am older than that and I keep a diary, not a daily one but one that I keep letters, poems and things I find inspire me... So no I dont think this to be odd...

Quick Reply

Latest