The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Unfortunately I have to go on Sunday due to my mum working. I'll think I'll turn up Sunday lunchtime-ish.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
Mummies Boy!!!!:mad:

Nah, only joking.:biggrin:

I'm in the same type of situation, my old dear wants to go to a rugby match on the Saturday so I also have to wait till Sunday:eek:
Reply 22
I'm going down Saturday morning. I'm just a little worried - I've never had any trouble making friends and stuff but I'm not the sort of person that likes to go out every night and get completely plastered! (Well, just occasionally maybe :p: ).

I'm hoping that my knowledge of Brighton and being able to help people out/show them round might be my key social point in the first few days!

Phil Xx
Reply 23
hantsbay
I'm going down Saturday morning. I'm just a little worried - I've never had any trouble making friends and stuff but I'm not the sort of person that likes to go out every night and get completely plastered! (Well, just occasionally maybe :p: ).

I'm hoping that my knowledge of Brighton and being able to help people out/show them round might be my key social point in the first few days!

Phil Xx

hey phil i'm the same - dont have trouble making friends but not in2 going out all night every night! and i have little knowledge of brighton...so i'll stick with u!! lol!
wherbouts r you living?? im over in kent house :cool:
jaysus x
Reply 24
If i live off campus what is the best way to mingle???
Reply 25
omonija
If i live off campus what is the best way to mingle???

I am living off campus too just going to turn up on saturday + sit in East Slope bar get drunk and chat to people should be several thousand ppl wondering about looking to do the same so it shouldnt be hard :smile:
Reply 26
LOL
Is east slope bar the main bar.
Yea i may do that from like 8- whenever and stagger my way home afterwards.
(*not a big drinker though*)
Reply 27
Me neither really mate but im going to make an exception this weekend
Reply 28
omonija
LOL
Is east slope bar the main bar.
Yea i may do that from like 8- whenever and stagger my way home afterwards.
(*not a big drinker though*)

Its not the main bar, but most popular.
You get more of a vibe in the East Slope bar, plus they tend to hold the majority of open mic nights and d.j sets.

It will be a pain in the ass during the first week because its not the biggest on campus and gets very overcrowded to the point were bouncers have to limit the amount of people who go in, so I suggest you go early.

Falmer bar is probably the next best option, has more areas to sit.
The grapvine is also a cool bar (non-smoking), is very open, space wise, and has the most pool tables on campus, its probably the most swanky looking bar.

Park village is ok for a cocktail, but is very small, I would'nt even bother going here during the first week, unless you want to feel like a tinned sardine, they later on during the year it can make a welcoming alternative.

The sport centre has a bar, but I have never been their, but friends say that its adequate.

The Hothouse is good if you don't have a lot of cash, and like dancing to cheese, but again compared to whats to offer in terms of Brighton clubs its nothing, again will be rammed with people during the first week or two.

If your looking for a club I suggest you bypass hothouse and head into Brighton.
Eastslope is a good bar to have pre-club drinks because it situated 10 feet away from the evening buses into the city.

Hope this is helpful to all you new guys and gals
It won't take to long to figure it all out.

Have fun this weekend, but try to be a little sensible, the last thing you want is the uni rent-a-cops breathing down your neck.
:smile:

Latest