The Student Room Group

How long did it take to receive your first university offer

Just sent my Ucas application off, just want to know when did you send yours off and which universities gave you a response and how long did it take to receive a response :smile:
Reply 1
Mine took 3 weeks then I got 2 responses at once from Liverpool and Bath
My friend got all 5 responses, idk where, in 24 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Warwick were the first to respond to me then Southampton. I sent mine off before the end of October, if I recall correctly, and I think Warwick responded within 6 weeks.
It's very tempting to sit refreshing Track all day, but you're better off waiting for the post as I think all my choices sent me a letter inviting me to come visit them (sometimes for interview, but usually not) and then they sent the offer a few days after that.
Reply 3
It depends on your course as well as the unis you apply to as well- some won't look at any applications until after the deadline. I put my application into ucas on 30th, by 11am the next day I had two offers (Newcastle and Liverpool biomed masters). It was unexpectedly early, and I don't think that's the norm (not to say I wasn't pleased! :smile: )But then I have friends that put theirs in earlier and they're better students, but haven't heard anything back because their unis won't look at their applications yet. Hope this wasn't too irrelevant, it's probably more useful to hear from people who applied last year. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by haseebi82
Just sent my Ucas application off, just want to know when did you send yours off and which universities gave you a response and how long did it take to receive a response :smile:

Think I sent mine off around this time last year :smile:
Three (Liverpool Uni, Cumbria Uni and Derby Uni) all got back within a few weeks of me sending off my UCAS :smile:
The last two (Robert Gordon in Aberdeen and Queen Margaret in Edinburgh) waited until UCAS was closed. Think for RGU it was a few days after UCAS closed in January, and QMU waited until about April. :smile:

Think it just depends on what course and which universities you apply for, too, as a lot of my friends heard back from all five within a few weeks :smile:
Reply 5
87 minutes to get an offer from Bath :biggrin:
2/the other 4 (cambridge,birmingham) have sent me a welcome letter and the other 2 (bah london unis Imperial and UCL) have ignored me so far. I applied a few days ago for comp sci.
A day. Pretty jealous of TVIO's record though.
Reply 7
Original post by Chlorophile
A day. Pretty jealous of TVIO's record though.

I'm just so good :wink: I am jealous of your offer though, so we're about even
Iv applied to Leeds university, Swansea ,De monfort , middlesex and aston university for a Health care course , the wait is killing me ;p

Quick Reply

Latest