The Student Room Group

How far away is your uni from your hometown?

Poll

How far away is your uni? (in miles)

As the title :h:

Mine was about ~250 miles away.

What about you?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Mine is 98 miles :smile:
Original post by Kruz
Mine is 98 miles :smile:

Not too far, but not too near either. :h:
70 miles - for me it is perfect. I don't have time to go home during term anyway, and no longer have much desire to as I don't really get homesick, but if I do need to it is 2 hours on the train. And it is not too far for my parents to take me, and to come visit me from time to time!
Original post by mespannerhanz
70 miles - for me it is perfect. I don't have time to go home during term anyway, and no longer have much desire to as I don't really get homesick, but if I do need to it is 2 hours on the train. And it is not too far for my parents to take me, and to come visit me from time to time!

That's a really good plan! Super forward thinking :h:

I was 150 miles away (Brighton to Brum).... pretty straightforward on the train... didn't go home all that much to be honest. At the end of term my dad always used to come a get me which was such a treat.
Original post by mespannerhanz

That sounds pretty ideal. :smile:

250 miles makes coming home difficult! I did enjoy being far away though. :h:
6643 miles :biggrin:
Original post by margalo
6643 miles :biggrin:

Where are you from/where are you studying? :biggrin:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Where are you from/where are you studying? :biggrin:

I'm from Port Dickson (it's a town in Malaysia) and I'm studying in Edinburgh. :smile: I have to take at least 2 flights and it takes at least 14 hours to get here from home :biggrin:
Original post by margalo
I'm from Port Dickson (it's a town in Malaysia) and I'm studying in Edinburgh. :smile: I have to take at least 2 flights and it takes at least 14 hours to get here from home :biggrin:

I hope you're enjoying it! :biggrin: :woo: Edinburgh is a beautiful place so you picked a good spot! :biggrin:
Not far, London to Southampton.
Hometown Coventry.
Uni in Northampton.

Around 30 miles, so not far at all :smile:
50-100 miles was the recommended distance when we were at school.
102 miles. A very nice distance away :colone:
It was 176 miles. Took ages to get there though, going through tiny A roads in Wales. The train there and back was also considerably long.
Original post by cole-slaw
50-100 miles was the recommended distance when we were at school.

Never knew there was a recommended distance.

Original post by Swanbow
It was 176 miles. Took ages to get there though, going through tiny A roads in Wales. The train there and back was also considerably long.

That does sound a bit of a hassle!
Reply 16
More than 1000 from Italy...
I'd never thought about it in terms of mileage but more 'how long did it take to get back.' Turns out I was only 70 miles away :h:
Think I'm around 30 miles from home :h:
Quite like the distance. Far enough away to be away from home, yet close enough to go home whenever I want. Also feel like I don't have to go home so much because it's pretty close, and I know it's cheap enough to go home whenever I want :cool:
12-15 miles, depending on route. A spectacular distance :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending