The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Finance Entry 2015

Hello,

I am applying to the MPhil in Finance at Cambridge course for the 2015 entry. I am from the U.S. and I was wondering if there are other applicants thus far (from anywhere). If so, please share your profile and country of study.

Thank you, looking forward to hearing from you all! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

I have also applied :smile: I am a third year Mathematician at Imperial College London.
Reply 2
Cool, best of luck! When did you apply and what is your status?

Original post by fruktas
Hey,

I have also applied :smile: I am a third year Mathematician at Imperial College London.
Reply 3
Can u guys share your profiles? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Acc_101
Cool, best of luck! When did you apply and what is your status?

Thanks, you too!

I applied a few weeks ago and its under consideration by the department :smile:
Reply 5
I have applied for 2015 MPhil in a different course.

Just submitted all the document and hope for the best.

The status shows "Under consideration by Degree Committee". Does anyone know when they will make the decision? Is it next April after application closed?

It's a long wait ........
Reply 6
Original post by MphilEF

The status shows "Under consideration by Degree Committee". Does anyone know when they will make the decision? Is it next April after application closed?

can u please share your profile??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Graduated this May from a top accounting program in the U.S. 3.87 GPA and with honors. What is your profile?

Original post by ivevr
Can u guys share your profiles? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
What MPhil program did you apply for?

Original post by MphilEF

Hey guys,

Did you all take the GRE? What were your scores? Do you think it's necessary?
Reply 10
Original post by thebigboy01
Hey guys,

Did you all take the GRE? What were your scores? Do you think it's necessary?

From what I have heard, the GRE/GMAT will only help you if your score is excellent.
Original post by Acc_101
From what I have heard, the GRE/GMAT will only help you if your score is excellent.

Would the majority of the applicants sumbit a a GRE/GMAT score? Because I know it's a requirement for the Economics MPhil. Also, what do you think would be considered excellent? At least 90th percentile in both q and v?
Reply 12
Original post by thebigboy01
Would the majority of the applicants sumbit a a GRE/GMAT score? Because I know it's a requirement for the Economics MPhil. Also, what do you think would be considered excellent? At least 90th percentile in both q and v?

I am not sure
Reply 13
I'm also applying to the programme.

Currently a final year straight Economics student at Cardiff University.
Achieved 72% and 74% in first and second years respectively.
Recently completed a summer internship in a top UK bank.

Also looking to apply to LSE and Warwick in the coming weeks.

What's everybody's plans with regards to the GMAT? I certainly don't have time for it this year, or before we graduate, which limits the courses/universities that I can apply to!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Shokh
Hi guys,

I applied for the Mphil in Finance on November 26 ( with supporting documents). So do you know whether we have an advantage applying well beforehand. I heard that Admissions committee look through apps in batches. Do you know what is earliest day of announcement? By the way I am international student so I heard that international students get results earlier than domestic ones.

Hey, good luck!

I am not particular sure on how early the department sends out the initial announcement--but I think its within the first two weeks of January.

What is your profile?
Reply 15
Very simple profile:

1. First Class Bachelor diploma in International Economics from one of top universities in my country with CGPA of 87 %

2. One year post graduate work experience in corporate finance as an analyst (excluding those during my undergraduate period)

3. Doing Dual-degree in master's:

3.1 MBA from top 1 university of South Korea with CGPA of 3.9

3.2 Ms in Management with Finance track at ESSEC business school, one of top 3 schools of France

4. Course Assistant by "financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation" for Professor from Duke University
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Shokh
Very simple profile:

1. First Class Bachelor diploma in International Economics from one of top universities in my country with CGPA of 87 %

2. One year post graduate work experience in corporate finance as an analyst (excluding those during my undergraduate period)

3. Doing Dual-degree in master's:

3.1 MBA from top 1 university of South Korea with CGPA of 3.9

3.2 Ms in Management with Finance track at ESSEC business school, one of top 3 schools of France

4. Course Assistant by "financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation" for Professor from Duke University

5. Hopefully very good recommendation from this professor and another one from local Professor in my MBA Program

6. No GRE. Since they now do not accept GMAT, I did not sit for GRE, and heard that it is not mandatory and that important

7. I want to use Mphil in finance as a pathway to Phd and I already mentioned this in my essays.

How do you think about my chance? How about you?

I think your profile is strong! I Graduated this May from a top 15 accounting program in the U.S. 3.87 GPA and with honors.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Shokh
Hi guys,

I applied for the Mphil in Finance on November 26 ( with supporting documents). So do you know whether we have an advantage applying well beforehand. I heard that Admissions committee look through apps in batches. Do you know what is earliest day of announcement? By the way I am international student so I heard that international students get results earlier than domestic ones.

What you have "heard" sounds like not-Cambridge. Judge tends to only give out offers after they have all the applications in - stellar applications will get early offers but these are rare - and no there is no priority given to either offering to or informing international applicants. But your profile sounds strong, good luck.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Hi guys,

I saw that some results were released for Mphil in Finance and Economics (one rejection threat) and Mphil in Management programs (one admitted threat) within 5 days. So is there any news for Mphil in Finance?
Reply 19
Original post by Shokh
Hi guys,

I saw that some results were released for Mphil in Finance and Economics (one rejection threat) and Mphil in Management programs (one admitted threat) within 5 days. So is there any news for Mphil in Finance?

Have not heard anything. Still under consideration by department. What is your status.

Quick Reply

Latest