The Student Room Group

URGENT!!!!

is 159/200 UMS an A its 79.5% which is suppose to be rounded to 80%.
Fairly sure it's not, as 160 would be the actual grade boundary which you haven't reached.
Reply 2
Original post by furryface12
Fairly sure it's not, as 160 would be the actual grade boundary which you haven't reached.

but 159/200 is clearly 80% which is an A? The percentage is always rounded up
Original post by Yousf

Hopefully someone else will reply with another answer but I still don't think it would be, as I said I'm not 100% sure :redface:
Original post by Yousf

Nope, there is no rounding! 160 is the 80% cut off point I'm afraid, I'm really sorry about that. The grade boundaries aren't fair like that unfortunately.
Reply 5
Original post by colourtheory
Nope, there is no rounding! 160 is the 80% cut off point I'm afraid, I'm really sorry about that. The grade boundaries aren't fair like that unfortunately.

devastated...
Original post by Yousf
devastated...

I know, I got 179/200 for A2 English which was .5% off an A*
Reply 7
Original post by colourtheory
I know, I got 179/200 for A2 English which was .5% off an A*

:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Original post by Yousf
devastated...

The cut-off has to be set somewhere, unfortunately - and it's always based on exact UMS scores rather than %s. Perhaps consider a remark if this is in a subject with marking that could have a subjective element?
Reply 9
Original post by Illusionary
The cut-off has to be set somewhere, unfortunately - and it's always based on exact UMS scores rather than %s. Perhaps consider a remark if this is in a subject with marking that could have a subjective element?

this was after a re-mark
Yep, you've got a B. Same happened to me in Media, 159/200 after a remark. Are you continuing the subject to A2? Just make sure you get 161/200 in your second year to come out with 320/400 overall.

Quick Reply

Latest