The Student Room Group

Please help with my application! Would I have a strong chance of getting accepted?

I was just wondering what my chances would be in getting accepted for a pharmacy course at university.
My GCSE's were A*AAAAABBBB.
My AS grades were a disappointing ABBC (in french, biology, maths and chemistry respectively).
My predicted Alevel grades are A*AAB in the same subjects respectively.
The universities in which I'd like to apply to with their entry requirements are:
UCL (AAB)
Kings (AAB)
Bath (AAB)
Reading (AAB-ABB/AAC)
Brighton (ABB)
Spoken to my subject teachers about my personal statement and they say it's coming along very strongly. They've given me nice references too.
I'm really paranoid and I'm worried that the C in chemistry will jeopardize my chance even though I'm predicted a B and was 2 marks off a B at AS?
Any help would be appreciated so much! Thanks again!
You're applying for AAB (or below) courses with A*AA predictions.

On top of that, your predictions are very close to your current AS grades (unlike some schools)

You're definitely in with a good chance for lots of offers.

Best of luck! :smile:

edit: And you're doing four A Levels!
Reply 2
I'm applying with A*AAB predictions and the B is in chemistry which is the most important subject for pharmacy in many aspects.
Is that prediction still valid? Will they base my application strongly on my current AS grades?
Original post by Salwa_
I was just wondering what my chances would be in getting accepted for a pharmacy course at university.
My GCSE's were A*AAAAABBBB.
My AS grades were a disappointing ABBC (in french, biology, maths and chemistry respectively).
My predicted Alevel grades are A*AAB in the same subjects respectively.
The universities in which I'd like to apply to with their entry requirements are:
UCL (AAB)
Kings (AAB)
Bath (AAB)
Reading (AAB-ABB/AAC)
Brighton (ABB)
Spoken to my subject teachers about my personal statement and they say it's coming along very strongly. They've given me nice references too.
I'm really paranoid and I'm worried that the C in chemistry will jeopardize my chance even though I'm predicted a B and was 2 marks off a B at AS?
Any help would be appreciated so much! Thanks again!

AS grades are just a pit stop to the full A2, tutors are aware that you will grow academically and so your predicted grades will come into play. You have great predicted grades so relax! I got into Oxford with AABC so you're definitely in a good position! And I got into UCL and KCL even though their typical offers are A*AA for my course!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest