The Student Room Group

Company charging money for a phone interview

Hi everyone, I got a random call today from a recruitment agency who saw my cv on total jobs and offered me a phone interview. Although in their disclaimer form they say they charge £1.53 per minute during the phone interview. This seems pretty dodgy to me so I wanted to get other peoples take on it?
Original post by MattBerry96
Hi everyone, I got a random call today from a recruitment agency who saw my cv on total jobs and offered me a phone interview. Although in their disclaimer form they say they charge £1.53 per minute during the phone interview. This seems pretty dodgy to me so I wanted to get other peoples take on it?

Totally dodgy. No genuine business recruits like this.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Totally dodgy. No genuine business recruits like this.

That was my thinking. Thanks for the reply
Original post by MattBerry96

Run................basically it seems like these interviews are totally fake and long winded. And they make their money through these premium phone calls, I suggest you report them to totaljobs.
Preying on the desperate.

Report them as well mate.
Don't do it. No company is going to charge you for it, especially not a recruitment agency who earn their money via finding you work. They wouldn't implement a policy that would push potential customers away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending