The Student Room Group

Help for understanding requirements

Hello, My name is Georgi and i am wondering about something that has been on my mind for a while.
I am studying Extended Diploma in Business BTEC which is 18 units and ICT BTEC 6 units

I am interested in Computer Science and when i look at university requirements they want DDD or D*D*D* the problem is that it doesn't exactly specify in what BTEC so could that be any or it has to be ICT.

Looked on UCAS for these and universities such as Kent, East Anglia or Loughborough.

They also combine other Units so i was planning to apply with my 18 units on Business and 6 Units on ICT but not sure if i can to that.
well i haven't checked the other two but East anglia want DMM and have stated " DDM - minimum of 6 units in a science subject. BTEC IT Practitioners acceptable' think you need to check there actually websites :smile:
Original post by haseebi82
well i haven't checked the other two but East anglia want DMM and have stated " DDM - minimum of 6 units in a science subject. BTEC IT Practitioners acceptable' think you need to check there actually websites :smile:

Yes but the problem is, lets say i can get the IT matrix unit and 6 units of science, the DDM, does it have to be in ICT or it can be my business units?
Original post by OverFlowKyuubi
Yes but the problem is, lets say i can get the IT matrix unit and 6 units of science, the DDM, does it have to be in ICT or it can be my business units?

Best person to ask is contacting the university, thats what i did when i wasn't sure about something.
Original post by haseebi82
Best person to ask is contacting the university, thats what i did when i wasn't sure about something.

Tried contacting university of Kent all they said was send the entry and after some time we will tell you if you are accepted, something similar to that they didnt specifically answer my question
Hello, My name is Georgi and i am wondering about something that has been on my mind for a while.
I am studying Extended Diploma in Business BTEC which is 18 units and ICT BTEC 6 units

I am interested in Computer Science and when i look at university requirements they want DDD or D*D*D* the problem is that it doesn't exactly specify in what BTEC so could that be any or it has to be ICT.

Looked on UCAS for these and universities such as Kent, East Anglia or Loughborough.

They also combine other Units so i was planning to apply with my 18 units on Business and 6 Units on ICT but not sure if i can to that.

Hi OverFlowKyuubi

I've just noticed your post.
I'm just waiting for a response from the admissions department so I can at least clarify from Loughborough's point of view if that helps at all. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Vicky
Reply 6

usually it would be the BTEC in IT, Applied Science, Electronics or Engineering but I have heard of people getting with business but mostly for a joint degree in either Comp Sci and Management or like IT Management for Business, best this to do is learn some programming so you can put that on your PS (if you haven't done any in the course) and email the universities that you are looking at applying to, hope this helps :smile:
Hi OverFlowKyuubi

I've just sent you a PM - I hope this helps :smile:

Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi OverFlowKyuubi

I've just sent you a PM - I hope this helps :smile:

Vicky

tnx a lot, sorry for late reply been busy lately i will definitely do what you told me :smile:
Glad it was of help :smile:
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending