The Student Room Group

Expensive restaurant or picnic in idyllic spot first date which one girls?

Okay so im going to ask a girl if she wants to hang out i so what do you think would be preferred and how should i ask her if she wants to hang out thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It would depend on the girl. I know many who would prefer going to a restaurant but I myself would definetly choose the picnic. What kind of girl do you think she is?
tbh i'd like Macdonadl's but everyone is different. pick something average (by average i mean not too cheap like KFC but not too posh either) and casually start convo about the food there being great, then say 'maybe we should go there sometimes, you'd love it!' or something like that. You're welcome.
Reply 3
Picnic sounds great but may be a little intimidating for a first date. I would recommend Nandos or Pizza Hut, both have brilliant food and theyre always busy so its not like all the attentions on you :smile:
Picnic, definitely. Nowhere expensive on the first date.
Reply 5
I would say picnic though I'm the kind of girl that prefer a cheap chippy over an expensive meal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Picnic for sure. A fancy restaurant is way too expensive for a first date.

Keep it simple and the costs low - that being said, would be somewhat miffed if the words Nandos or KFC were even uttered.
A picnic is a pretty safe option tbf, go for that if you're not sure.
Original post by Another

Keep it simple and the costs low - that being said, would be somewhat miffed if the words Nandos or KFC were even uttered.

But... but chicken!

OP - I'd definitely prefer a picnic. If I was hanging out with someone for the first time/on a first date, I'd probably suggest pub or coffee. Eating with someone on the first date can sometimes be a little awkward. :smile:
Reply 9
Picnic. Wouldn't advise to spend a lot of money on a first date.
Reply 10
Nandos.
Original post by bluepowerade
Okay so im going to ask a girl if she wants to hang out i so what do you think would be preferred and how should i ask her if she wants to hang out thanks!

Restaurant is a bit formal, but in this weather a picnic probably isn't a good idea either. Why not go for a coffee or drink etc, something less expensive but more casual? And just ask her if she wants to hang out one day and grab a coffee or whatever.
Either a picnic or something like nandos/Bella Italia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bluepowerade

Neither are appropriate first date activities.

Do what normal people do: Go to pub, get drunk, have sex.
Yeah, picnics are a great idea. Take her out to a secluded spot in the woods, preferably next to a hole you had dug the previous evening.

Won't terrify the **** into her at all.

Original post by news2me
It would depend on the girl. I know many who would prefer going to a restaurant but I myself would definetly choose the picnic. What kind of girl do you think she is?

Original post by ImNic97
Picnic sounds great but may be a little intimidating for a first date. I would recommend Nandos or Pizza Hut, both have brilliant food and theyre always busy so its not like all the attentions on you :smile:

Original post by vortex_199
Picnic, definitely. Nowhere expensive on the first date.

Original post by Spock's Socks
I would say picnic though I'm the kind of girl that prefer a cheap chippy over an expensive meal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Another
Picnic for sure. A fancy restaurant is way too expensive for a first date.

Original post by Maid Marian
A picnic is a pretty safe option tbf, go for that if you're not sure.

Original post by carlaraptor
But... but chicken!

OP - I'd definitely prefer a picnic. If I was hanging out with someone for the first time/on a first date, I'd probably suggest pub or coffee. Eating with someone on the first date can sometimes be a little awkward. :smile:

Original post by miser
Picnic. Wouldn't advise to spend a lot of money on a first date.

Original post by noshahmad
Either a picnic or something like nandos/Bella Italia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
for a first date why not just sit down and have a coffee or tea in a cafe like Costa? I'd suggest saving the fancy restaurant and picnic for when you're more familiar with her, otherwise it might be a bit awkward for both of you but then I guess it depends...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cole-slaw
Yeah, picnics are a great idea. Take her out to a secluded spot in the woods, preferably next to a hole you had dug the previous evening.

I have no idea what runs through your mind when you think of "idyllic spot", but I assure you that a pre meditated murder scene was not what I was thinking of.
Reply 17

Picnics can be romantic.
They are not exclusive to serial killers.:eek:
Original post by news2me
Picnics can be romantic.
They are not exclusive to serial killers.:eek:

and when you suggest the idea to go to an isolated area with this girl you have barely met, she can tell the difference?
Reply 19
and when you suggest the idea to go to an isolated area with this girl you have barely met, she can tell the difference?

No but that is a risk you have to take. Besides it is unlikely everyone will know someone inside out before dating. Some people are married and still dont know their husband rape and murder people till they are caught. That can happen to anyone anywhere at any time not just on a date. Besides what's to say you dont go on a date to a restaurant, the night goes well, he is sweet and charming, not creepy at all, one thing leads to another and you find yourself excepting the invite back to his place and he does that. you need to ease up on watching so many episodes of NCIS..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending