The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Shot at LSE Law?

Law at the LSE is supposedly heavily oversubscribed. I'm wondering whether I have a decent shot at being made an offer - I'm in a position where I have 5 other respected universities and am content with keeping them, if not for the fact I may change on to the LSE, if I have a shot at gaining entry.

The real problem is the following: I have mitigating circumstances for my GCSES in which I achieved 10 A - C with one D grade. Pretty bad right? I can't do much about it now, but that's that. Many more if not at least 90% of applicants applying for the LLB course will most likely have better GCSE grades than me, so competitive-wise GCSEs are off the table.

Apart from the above, I have achieved:

Achieved AAAA in facilitating subjects at AS level.
Predicted A*A*A*A*

Good personal statement in both mine and my teacher's opinion.
( I understand this is vague.)

Good references

Another problem is the fact the LSE does not require the LNAT - so differentiating stronger candidates is made much more difficult.

Help is appreciated given my time limit. Especially as I understand how annoying these threads are.
Good enough. Go for it. The weighting for IGCSE is less than that for AS and predicted A2, which should swing it in your favor. Nothing ventured nothing gained. No real risk for you.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by 105263
Law at the LSE is supposedly heavily oversubscribed. I'm wondering whether I have a decent shot at being made an offer - I'm in a position where I have 5 other respected universities and am content with keeping them, if not for the fact I may change on to the LSE, if I have a shot at gaining entry.

The real problem is the following: I have mitigating circumstances for my GCSES in which I achieved 10 A - C with one D grade. Pretty bad right? I can't do much about it now, but that's that. Many more if not at least 90% of applicants applying for the LLB course will most likely have better GCSE grades than me, so competitive-wise GCSEs are off the table.

Apart from the above, I have achieved:

Achieved AAAA in facilitating subjects at AS level.
Predicted A*A*A*A*

Good personal statement in both mine and my teacher's opinion.
( I understand this is vague.)

Good references

Another problem is the fact the LSE does not require the LNAT - so differentiating stronger candidates is made much more difficult.

Help is appreciated given my time limit. Especially as I understand how annoying these threads are.

I think you definitely have a chance my GCSE's aren't exceptional either, but I am counting on MY IB predicteds, reference and Personal statement. I guess we are one the same boat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending