The Student Room Group

Parents binning my stuff?

Scroll to see replies

Your employer is mugging you off
Omg that's so bad! How can you do all that and...WOW! You're rated mate!
+1
Original post by Obiejess
Yeah and at 15 I am owed nothing. Do you know how hard it is to find work at all under 16?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't work.
So basically I go out and work every saturday, earning £10 a week. I used some of my money to buy herbal tea and then my dad decided to throw it out because apparently every time I make tea I make mess. I paid for that tea, completely with my own money and I'm 15. I had to buy my own butter the other day and then my Mum used it all up for cooking too. It's not like I'm loaded, I mean 7 hours, no breaks, for a tenner is just stupid.

I asked my Dad for the money back amd he said right after you pay me back for everything you've ever broken. They're my ****ing parents!

I know I'm just ranting but I mean wtf I get no pocket money from them or anything, yet they expect me to do loads.

What can I do? I can't just keep spending money for them to take it from me as they please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're amazing, when you said in another post, 15 and saving up for bus fare. That's pretty honourable youngun :smile: And it's **** that your folks ain't supportin ya and are just being selfish opportunists. My mum is like that, 22 now, got **** loads of money from paying too much for Uni and so they gagged up refunds back to me. I'm fulltime and don't work :s-smilie: I just get lucky Manna from the gov and mates here and there. Everytime I do, my mum refuses to buy me food, thinking I have all this money in the world when the truth is, I ain't working and sometimes money just drops in right when I need it.

If I were working, it would keep coming back to me. So I have to save it since it's not stable income. At least yours is stable income, as you work, and at least they let you work. When I was 15, my mum refused because I had to babysit my sister. :mad: Now she keeps asking me for money to buy stuff she could buy, knowing or disregarding that I'm trying to save, argues when I ask her to pay me back, and seems to forget my sister is 26 and has more money than I do and works and never asks her, though. She even threatened to kick me out if I didn't order take away :s-smilie: I only have a couple 100 :s-smilie: and I need books and food.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Don't work.

-,- Surely she has to work.
Reply 25
Original post by Arkasia
Don't do this.

Well I would...
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Don't work.

I need the money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JC.
Well I would...

Well you are doing the wrong thing then.
Reply 28
Original post by Arkasia
Well you are doing the wrong thing then.

Disagree.
I need the money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What for?

Why won't your parents let you get a paper round?
Original post by SirMasterKey
What for?

Why won't your parents let you get a paper round?

-College bus fare
-God knows

Posted from TSR Mobile
-College bus fare
-God knows

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just go and get one then. Are they going to physically stop you each morning from going out?

As you're 15 have you looked at this for help with travel to school?
Original post by SirMasterKey
Just go and get one then. Are they going to physically stop you each morning from going out?

As you're 15 have you looked at this for help with travel to school?

Yes. And they'll probably take my phone, laptop, TV etc. Lock me in a room screaming at me, throw water over me each morning etc.

It's for next year and my parents are quite rich so we wouldn't get anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JC.
Disagree.

Breaking something in retaliation is an incredibly immature and unhelpful thing to do, and only makes things worse.
Reply 34
Doing 7 hours a week you can easily make more than £10 online. That doesn't excuse your parents though, but what can you do other than keep your crap in your room...
So basically I go out and work every saturday, earning £10 a week. I used some of my money to buy herbal tea and then my dad decided to throw it out because apparently every time I make tea I make mess. I paid for that tea, completely with my own money and I'm 15. I had to buy my own butter the other day and then my Mum used it all up for cooking too. It's not like I'm loaded, I mean 7 hours, no breaks, for a tenner is just stupid.

I asked my Dad for the money back amd he said right after you pay me back for everything you've ever broken. They're my ****ing parents!

I know I'm just ranting but I mean wtf I get no pocket money from them or anything, yet they expect me to do loads.

What can I do? I can't just keep spending money for them to take it from me as they please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

£10 for 7 hours? wtf.

Why did you have to buy your own butter?

You can't really do much. What you could do is show your parents you're responsible with your money, that you can be trusted with money and don't get caught lying about ****, keep your word. Then they should ease up on your ass.
And then you could try talking with them about getting some pocket money, maybe even make some expenses sheet where and on what you'd spend it. Have some reasons why you need it. Don't argue or get mad. No point.
You had to buy your own butter?!

Is it only the parents I know or do every South Asian parents pay for everything? A lot of my white friends used to work to pay for their bus fare which I thought was a bit unfair...
Yes. And they'll probably take my phone, laptop, TV etc. Lock me in a room screaming at me, throw water over me each morning etc.

It's for next year and my parents are quite rich so we wouldn't get anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely they would be giving you money to go for college??

You are being underpaid by a country mile and I'm guessing you are working cash-in-hand?
Original post by McMicheal
£10 for 7 hours? wtf.

Why did you have to buy your own butter?

You can't really do much. What you could do is show your parents you're responsible with your money, that you can be trusted with money and don't get caught lying about ****, keep your word. Then they should ease up on your ass.
And then you could try talking with them about getting some pocket money, maybe even make some expenses sheet where and on what you'd spend it. Have some reasons why you need it. Don't argue or get mad. No point.

My mum bought really salty stuff that makes me get blisters on my tongue, even though I told her this. She still continues do so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Arkasia
Breaking something in retaliation is an incredibly immature and unhelpful thing to do, and only makes things worse.

Not in my experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending