The Student Room Group

Whats wrong with me ?

Now for some reason, I feel not lonley but always need to speak to someone and see people and be out all the time, if I dont have a chat with someone I feel lonley.

When I moved to college I was upset that I left my friends but was ok about drifting apart as it is natural but now I dont like the fact that we rarely speak. I made some awsome friends at college. Im at uni and I have some ok friends we get on and have a laugh, but I feel we may not have a great friendship after uni as we'll do our own thing and this feels bad.

A major change at uni was I was not allowed to move away and im stuck with the commute which I hate and the reason for this was parental pressure and a lot of it. I get really stressed out about the situation and it ruins my confidence.

But like I said I always feel I NEED to hang out with people and feel sad if we drift apart. Im thinking now that I NEED a girlfriend I know I dont need one but I really want some companionship. Im not depressed or anything but I keep thinking how nice it would be having a decent loving partner.

By what I have written whats do you think is wrong with me im not mentally ill. But im thinking something along the lines of my relationship with my parents my confidence broke and I dont see any support from them and look to others for support ? Like I was saying how I need companionship.
Reply 1
Anyone ?
I actually used to feel like this, it's really horrible as well because there is no reason to feel the need to hang out with someone all the time. ! I used to be fine when I was with my friends, but as soon I spent a day without them I would start to feel really lonely, and get really upset. I still have no idea why I went through that phrase, but just remember you won't feel like this forever! By the sounds of it you just want some good, decent friends. Do you think you could get in touch with your college friends again? maybe instead of trying to get them all out, just invite the one you're closest to out. Ask if he fancies the cinema, or simply coming round to your house.
Reply 3
Original post by Behindtheleakycaul
I actually used to feel like this, it's really horrible as well because there is no reason to feel the need to hang out with someone all the time. ! I used to be fine when I was with my friends, but as soon I spent a day without them I would start to feel really lonely, and get really upset. I still have no idea why I went through that phrase, but just remember you won't feel like this forever! By the sounds of it you just want some good, decent friends. Do you think you could get in touch with your college friends again? maybe instead of trying to get them all out, just invite the one you're closest to out. Ask if he fancies the cinema, or simply coming round to your house.

Yes I do hang around with them sometimes one to one. Could you tell me why you felt like this ? How you got out of it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
This takes place normally for people. So don't worry:wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Sena5
This takes place normally for people. So don't worry:wink:

But why though is there any underlying reason why ?
Reply 6
Original post by IMBCFC
But why though is there any underlying reason why ?

because we all have feelings. When we get close with someone and when have to leave the place we all feel sad. We just run behind them to meet them again but after sometime we will get used to it and again be ourselves. Again when another person comes and we feel close with them and when they have to go again we feel sad but, after sometime we will feel better.
Reply 7
Original post by Sena5
because we all have feelings. When we get close with someone and when have to leave the place we all feel sad. We just run behind them to meet them again but after sometime we will get used to it and again be ourselves. Again when another person comes and we feel close with them and when they have to go again we feel sad but, after sometime we will feel better.

What about keeping in contact with those friends when you leave ?
Reply 8
Original post by IMBCFC
What about keeping in contact with those friends when you leave ?

'That is a good idea. I agree. It's good to have good friends.:smile:
Do not leave good friends and in the cyrrent world technology is advanced and we have so many things to keep in contact like their mobile or any telephone number,facebook, skype, twitter all online and in mobile apps and so many more etc.:hugs:
All in all we have to learn to love yourself and and be yourself.Trust yourself!:yep::smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Sena5
'That is a good idea. I agree. It's good to have good friends.:smile:
Do not leave good friends and in the cyrrent world technology is advanced and we have so many things to keep in contact like their mobile or any telephone number,facebook, skype, twitter all online and in mobile apps and so many more etc.:hugs:
All in all we have to learn to love yourself and and be yourself.Trust yourself!:yep::smile:

I suppose but everyone moves on so its hard to hang out, I guess a phone call a few times a week is nice depending on the circumstances.:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by IMBCFC
I suppose but everyone moves on so its hard to hang out, I guess a phone call a few times a week is nice depending on the circumstances.:smile:

That depends on each individuals wish:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending