The Student Room Group

Funding for a second course

I'm currently studying for a Diploma of Higher Education in Operating Department Practice at UEA... I'll qualify in a year, and don't want to leave my education there, I want to go on to do something further (A BSc or BA etc.).

I currently get a reduced maintenance loan from SLC due to my current course being NHS funded with the addition of an NHS bursary.

Would SLC fund my tuition and maintenance for a second course if I applied for one?

I have phoned them but I was kind of confused by what was said... something about; "they will only fund me if I choose a second degree which leads to a professional career, such as doctor, lawyer, architect etc."

I never received any tuition fee loans in the first place, so surely I could still get tuition for a further course paid? I understand what she said to me about having a reduced maintenance loan due to me already having one.

Help/advice very much appreciated.
It doesn't matter who funded the course. All that matters is whether you already have a qualification. There are some exceptions to this, like NHS funded courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending