The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Just don't worry too much and don't get too down about it. I think things will change when you find someone who means a lot to you and things will seem to go progress really easily.
Reply 2
Wow that's a pretty large topic you've asked us to help you on. My advice is just stop worrying about it. Stop trying to get girls, stop thinking that your life is incomplete without one. And learn to be happy with you for you, the women will follow.
Reply 3
yeah best advice i can give you is to just get on with your life and you will build up confidence. dont try too hard.
Reply 4
Bit of advice.' If you go out look for it, you'll never find it.'.

I admit I'm definatly not Mr Chipmunk out of those mens caladers, or have the greatest confidence in the world, but if you just get on with your life, it'll soon work out for the good. I've never gone out on the "pull" or trying to woo the fine ladies, but I couldn't be happier with my relationship, and we just started off as friends. :biggrin:

Live your life dude! And dont let ANYONE get in the way of you enjoying yourself :smile:
Reply 5
i hate threads like this, what do u want us to say apart from
"dont be so down on yourself"
and "just talk to some girls" and stuff.
notts, i totally agree! i've read loads of threads on this and i'm sure the ppl who start most of them have also read similar threads!
however, not to down beat the OP here, i'd just say forget about girls for now - you've so much else to get on with!
Reply 7
As long as you let your insecurities show you will create a barrier. Many people who come across as extremely confident are actually the ones with the lowest self-esteem and the most insecurities, but they just don't let it show. Some of the most successful and famous people have very low esteem but do their best to not let on to others in order to succeed.

And I don't like this idea of "approaching women", it sounds like something out of a wildlife documentary. Women aren't another species, they're just like you and me...except for a few obvious differences.

Opportunities always arise at the end of the day and one day POW! it will just happen. Jus' like that! Probably with a ladyfriend who you get the bus with thinking you were just good friends but she actually likes you and thats why you're friends in the first place and then you start to think that she's actually quite nice and then one day one when she's just about to get off at her stop she asks you out and you say yes but are still unsure whether its just because you are good friends but you hope its because she likes you but it can't be because "no-one would ever like me" and then you go on the date and then she has to spell it out to you that she really likes you which is very embarrassing for her and then you go all funny and tell her the same and then you both laugh and afterwards declare yourselves an item ending up living happily ever after together!

Or something like that anyway.
Reply 8
dude, EVERYONE has insecurities and low esteem.
Reply 9
hey OP. i have low confidence too so you're not alone there.

my best advice would be the following- use your ''flaws'' to your advantage.
girls will love a nice looking guy who's modest and reserved. it's not true that women only like cocky men. i find a little shyness in a man endearing myself. i also would target (lol.i make it sound like hunting) girls who seem a little shy themselves. you'll feel less intimidated that way.
Reply 10
notts
dude, EVERYONE has insecurities and low esteem.

If you actually read my post I was saying that some people have lower self esteem and more insecurties than others. Not that some people have no insecurities. That's if you were actually replying to what I said.

Anyway I don't think everyone has low esteem. We would live in a very depressed world if we all did!
Reply 11
Spig
hey OP. i have low confidence too so you're not alone there.

my best advice would be the following- use your ''flaws'' to your advantage.
girls will love a nice looking guy who's modest and reserved. it's not true that women only like cocky men. i find a little shyness in a man endearing myself. i also would target (lol.i make it sound like hunting) girls who seem a little shy themselves. you'll feel less intimidated that way.

bingo.

it worked for me.
Loads of girls in my university are extroverts, and add the alcohol....... you've got a good combo!
Reply 13
What you have to remember is girls are animals, not people driven by emotion and little else. They understand the power of speech but their conversation is generally lacking any actual merit. So if one of these *women* were to provoke you, sit there allow her to yabber on and on keeping always in your head that you are better than her. Women are also a fickle species liking nothing more than to obtain new items, which in practise are only going to be used once, flowers jewellary will all play their part in allowing you to worm your way into a woman's affections. But by far the best way to get a woman, is a wonderdrug, it will make any woman fall head over heels for you. It's called rohypnol and just slip it in there drink and your away. All you then have to do is worry about transport

This entire passage is sarcastic and devoit of any actual merit or helpful advice
:p:
Evil-Tuna
What you have to remember is girls are animals, not people driven by emotion and little else. They understand the power of speech but their conversation is generally lacking any actual merit. So if one of these *women* were to provoke you, sit there allow her to yabber on and on keeping always in your head that you are better than her. Women are also a fickle species liking nothing more than to obtain new items, which in practise are only going to be used once, flowers jewellary will all play their part in allowing you to worm your way into a woman's affections. But by far the best way to get a woman, is a wonderdrug, it will make any woman fall head over heels for you. It's called rohypnol and just slip it in there drink and your away. All you then have to do is worry about transport

This entire passage is sarcastic and devoit of any actual merit or helpful advice
:p:

I would kill someone I caught rohypnoling somebody. It's just not on :frown:
Reply 15
jaydoh

Well you could use the good old fashioned bash them on the head and run technique, but its a lot harder to perfect
jaydoh

I drop tictacs into friends' drinks right in front of their eyes. So not the drama! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Rossi82
If you actually read my post I was saying that some people have lower self esteem and more insecurties than others. Not that some people have no insecurities. That's if you were actually replying to what I said.

Anyway I don't think everyone has low esteem. We would live in a very depressed world if we all did!

i didnt read it cos it was too long, but i wasnt replying to it either, just saying in general.

thats *******s, i say i have fairly low self esteem, but im not depressed.

everyone has insecurities, u cant deny that.
Fake confidence

Latest

Trending

Trending