Nottingham
Newcastle
Reading

Classical Civilisation

Warwick
Leeds

You?

Original post by TheTechN1304
you could get offers anytime between now and January, so I wouldn't panic.

I could get offers between now and May. I'm not panicking. I'm just not patient.
Reply 21
Got my bath offer in an hour and a half. Have heard imperial are (in)famous for taking ages.
Southampton are really fast. I knew someone who got an offer the same day as she applied, and I received an offer yesterday having applied on Wednesday. :biggrin:
Over the past couple of years, some universities have started using automated replies (I don't know more than that, I'm afraid) to send out offers to people who have got through the filtering system, so things are much quicker in some cases than they used to be. I'm guessing here that it's done for courses which are not very reliant on the ps and of course, they can't be courses which use interviews or portfolios to select. Courses like maths would be prime candidates.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Over the past couple of years, some universities have started using automated replies (I don't know more than that, I'm afraid) to send out offers to people who have got through the filtering system, so things are much quicker in some cases than they used to be. I'm guessing here that it's done for courses which are not very reliant on the ps and of course, they can't be courses which use interviews or portfolios to select. Courses like maths would be prime candidates.

What about Politics and International relations? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozasaurus99
What about Politics and International relations? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know any more than I've said. Of universities who do it the old fashioned way, Manchester's history and politics department is the fastest in my experience over the last ten years or so,
Original post by Coffeetime
Ancient History

Nottingham
Newcastle
Reading

Classical Civilisation

Warwick
Leeds

You?

I could get offers between now and May. I'm not panicking. I'm just not patient.

Computer Science at-
University of Manchester
University of Sheffield
University of Liverpool
Cardiff University
Queen's University Belfast :smile:
Good luck to you :smile: Your choices are really good:colondollar:
Original post by halamadrid777
Computer Science at-
University of Manchester
University of Sheffield
University of Liverpool
Cardiff University
Queen's University Belfast :smile:
Good luck to you :smile: Your choices are really good:colondollar:

As are yours! I seriously considered Manchester, Liverpool and Cardiff, but in the end, I didn't love the modules quite as much.
As are yours! I seriously considered Manchester, Liverpool and Cardiff, but in the end, I didn't love the modules quite as much.

I considered Warwick because of it's international reputation, but didn't apply because their entry requirements for computing are way too high :biggrin: (higher than that for Sheffield abd Manchester) and I don't want to lose Sheffield and Manchester because of Warwick (that damn firm-insurance thing, I'll insure either Cardiff or QUB if I manage to get a conditional)
I'm really considering Warwick IFP though, I can move onto unis like Imperial and UCL after doing the program :smile:
I considered Warwick because of it's international reputation, but didn't apply because their entry requirements for computing are way too high :biggrin: (higher than that for Sheffield abd Manchester) and I don't want to lose Sheffield and Manchester because of Warwick (that damn firm-insurance thing, I'll insure either Cardiff or QUB if I manage to get a conditional)
I'm really considering Warwick IFP though, I can move onto unis like Imperial and UCL after doing the program :smile:

I love Warwick because they have some really interesting modules. Plus I feel the university has a ton to offer. It's pretty much a tie between them and Nottingham for my top pick. Though Notts is the one I keep going back to! Have you visited any of your choices?
I love Warwick because they have some really interesting modules. Plus I feel the university has a ton to offer. It's pretty much a tie between them and Nottingham for my top pick. Though Notts is the one I keep going back to! Have you visited any of your choices?

Nope :biggrin: I read somewhere Notts a beautiful campus.
Have you visited any of your choices?
Nope :biggrin: I read somewhere Notts a beautiful campus.
Have you visited any of your choices?

Nope. I just don't have that kind of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. I just don't have that kind of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe Lol. same here :giggle: I really hope you get what you want :smile: Good luck with your applications :smile:
Hehe Lol. same here :giggle: I really hope you get what you want :smile: Good luck with your applications :smile:

Thank you! Good luck with yours as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from York for English on Friday and I only sent off my application on the 30th =)
I think it will depend on the uni's process. Some universities ask for interviews, some thoroughly read personal statements, some wait until the January deadline especially if they are getting a lot of mixed offers and feel they aren't ready to reject, some even ask for an interview even when they say they will normally just look at your application for example, I know that York who say at their open evenings (because they said it while I was there a few weeks ago) that they don't give out interviews yet I know someone who has been given an interview probably because they fell short on their PS or grades for I think Spanish or French so yeah.
Reply 36
What about Sheffield, QUB, Manchester, Cardiff, and Liverpool? :frown: I applied on 19th for CS AND STILL WAITING!! I'm a non-EU student. Why are they taking it so long I don't understand :frown:

Went to Liverpool open day last Saturday and they said they hadn't even started looking at the undergraduate applications yet, but when they do start you should hear after around 10 days
Original post by pol234
Went to Liverpool open day last Saturday and they said they hadn't even started looking at the undergraduate applications yet, but when they do start you should hear after around 10 days

Ohh thanks a ton! :smile:
Well, I got a mail saying they were busy till Oct 3. How was the open day? Did you like it? :smile:
Reply 38
Ohh thanks a ton! :smile:
Well, I got a mail saying they were busy till Oct 3. How was the open day? Did you like it? :smile:

Yeah it's really nice and the on campus accommodation it gorgeous!(little expensive though) I live an hour or two away so I've visited the city before, but it's still lovely.
Probably be my insurance, as much as I like it the low offer grades put me off a little.
Have you been?
Original post by pol234
Yeah it's really nice and the on campus accommodation it gorgeous!(little expensive though) I live an hour or two away so I've visited the city before, but it's still lovely.
Probably be my insurance, as much as I like it the low offer grades put me off a little.
Have you been?

No, I'm a non-EU student :smile: It'll be my firm (if I get rejections from Sheffield and Manchester :biggrin::biggrin: ) Lol!!

Latest

Trending

Trending