The Student Room Group

should i apply for graduate entry medicine?

I just did the ukcat test, wasn't really prepared and got a **** average of 570. Is there any point in applying for graduate medicine? or will i just be rejected.

I do have good work experience, good personal statement and a good reference from my personal tutor. got a 2.1 in a masters and bachelors in Engineering.

advice please?
Reply 1
Original post by Him89
I just did the ukcat test, wasn't really prepared and got a **** average of 570. Is there any point in applying for graduate medicine? or will i just be rejected.

I do have good work experience, good personal statement and a good reference from my personal tutor. got a 2.1 in a masters and bachelors in Engineering.

advice please?

You can still apply but I wouldn't advise applying to any UKCAT unis. Have you done the GAMSAT or doing the BMAT? There are also a few places that don't have entry exams so there's them too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
No only ukcat,

That's very limited tbh, am I likely to be rejected on my ukcat score alone, or will they look at my whole application before they make a decision.

That's for the ukcat Unis
Reply 3
Original post by Him89
No only ukcat,

That's very limited tbh, am I likely to be rejected on my ukcat score alone, or will they look at my whole application before they make a decision.

That's for the ukcat Unis

Many ukcat unis have a cut off score before considering the rest of the application, and usually for graduate entry this is pretty high. I'm only applying to one place with my ukcat score of 680 average.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Barts, Soton, Warwick, Newcastle all are inviting solely based on UKCAT this year. You could try Kings, but they had a high cut off last year. Leicester has a points system, so you could try if you have the 1yr full time work exp they require and do well on the other things they score. Cambridge doesn't require UKCAT but it needs Chemistry A Level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending